Riley is back

Friends get together

Riley is back

Postby go_large_or_go_home » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:15 am

Looks like Riley is back on the snow post surgery - and he is a much smoother version of himself…

go_large_or_go_home

Re: Riley is back

Postby jbotti » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:01 am

2 two interesting observations. One, he is in the Head WCR boot. The Dalbello's he was in are about the most upright boot on the planet and I had heard that he was struggling some (it's all relative because we would all kill to struggle like that) with the lack of FL. The other thing is that in the past he always went for max rebound in every arc, which would pop him off snow on almost every arc. This is incredibly hard on the body, so quite possibly he is dialing back the rebound (somewhat due to his injury history). HH actively controls the amount of rebound he gets and I do the same. Its just takes so much more out of the body to absorb it each arc. Yes, he looks very smooth, much of it due to getting less rebound.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Re: Riley is back

Postby HeluvaSkier » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:40 pm

He's skiing mellow because he is re-gaining his strength, and he doesn't trust the hip yet. It will take him time to get back to where he was. What impresses me, is that even not physically at his best, his technique is still fantastic... Perhaps it is even a better model for normal skiers because even at a normal skier's best, they'd be happy to ski like Reilly right now. The takeaway might be is that if the skiing is dialed way, way back, we end up at the same result, same technical focus, and the same skiing at a lower intensity. This is what that looks like and it is still great.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Return to Social Chatting