looking for quick covid test in summit co/DEN for air travel

Friends get together

looking for quick covid test in summit co/DEN for air travel

Postby ToddW » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:28 pm

Fingers crossed, I'll be skiing with Harald in mid-March.

As a resident of NY state, I need negative covid test results from a test within 3 days prior to my return flight (plus a test after 3 days of isolation back home.)

Have any campers or other PMTS fans gotten quick covid test for return flights home? I'd appreciate any pointers. The testing facility at the Denver airport requires a boarding pass in hand and closes several hours before the main flights to NY which are redeyes, so it's not an option.

Thanks!
ToddW

Re: looking for quick covid test in summit co/DEN for air tr

Postby midwif » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:15 pm

Hi todd
Jim and I just returned from Summit Cty yesterday.
We spent a night in Monument Co with his son and made an appointment at their local King Soupers Supermarket for testing.
Relatively easy and was a same day appt made in the am for the evening. They had an in store mini med clinic there.
Check around where you are staying and see if anything near you has something similar.

Before returning to NYC we did an on line health survey sent by the airlines. However, the veracity of anything we did was not checked on arrival at all.
Just sayin'.
Reservists were at the gate on deplaning to hand out more written surveys. Seems to be pretty much an honor system.
Jim and I need to f/u with a repeat covid antigen test on Monday to comply with nys guidelines.
Easy for me since I work in a hospital. Harder for others.
midwif

Re: looking for quick covid test in summit co/DEN for air tr

Postby midwif » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:02 am

Hi Todd
Just returned from another Colorado trip.
did the rapid test at Denver Airport.
Made the appt the night before. See flydenver.com
$200 for the rapid.
Will hopefully get an emailed receipt ( the one they gave didn't have ANY info on indicating what it was for) with Covid rapid test.
Most insurances in NY should cover at least some of it, if not all.
Got the result texted to phone within a half hour.

Are you vaccinated?
By the time of your trip, NY might not require the return covid test if you are appropriately vaccinated.
L.
midwif

Return to Social Chatting