bootfitting in dumont

Friends get together

bootfitting in dumont

Postby dougtee » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:40 am

after a few false starts i finally was able to make it to dumont for a bootfitting session with diana. due to my calendar this was an abbreviated session where i wouldnt have time to ski and tweak the setup. on top of that diana bent over backwards to accommodate my ever changing itinerary.

that said, spending the afternoon with diana, walker, and odin was about as satisfying a way to spend an afternoon as a perfect bluebird day on any mountain. diana's warmth, good humor, attention to detail, and expert's love of craft was on full display. truly a blessing getting to work with someone possessing that breadth of knowledge and eagerness to share it.

while working with diana i was able to overhear walker patiently guiding a young racer through his boot setup with the same warmth and supreme competence. odin kept everyone perfectly safe and secure and only required a few neck and ear scratches and the occasional tug session.

honestly, sitting in my chair up on the stage while boots were slowly heated for modifications and being able to make out none of the words but all of the cheerful tone of diana and walker with a clear and genuine rapport working happily at their craft in the back really made my heart swell up. after a brutal few days of living in this country, seeing good people, wholly dedicated to their chosen work, happily and patiently provide a service unique to them without a trace of arrogance or condescension and instead only eagerness to educate and understanding made me feel better about who we can be as a people than i have in a very long time.

kudos to them on every level.
dougtee

Re: bootfitting in dumont

Postby BrettBPotter » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:12 am

I love that little shop as well Doug. Sitting on that stage and watching Diana, unarguably on of the most talented ski instructors on earth and Walker with that dry sense of humor doing thier craft. Ive been in there on the days before camp when Walter and Bob were there to, working on their own boots. I love what i do but i wish i could work there with their skills .
BrettBPotter

Re: bootfitting in dumont

Postby tigernbr » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:24 pm

I love that shop too. I haven't been able to make it skiing this season but I will next season. I'll be in a camp either in December or February.
tigernbr

Return to Social Chatting