Sad Day!

Friends get together

Sad Day!

Postby jbotti » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:08 am

Harald posted about this on Facebook. Long time PMTS skier, supporter and coach Rich Kremsdorf passed away this last week. I had the pleasure of doing 2 camps with Rich and got to ski with him quite a bit over the years. His love for skiing, his passion for PMTS were a constant joy to be around. Beyond that he was just a great guy, One that everyone loved and enjoyed. It is a big loss for our community.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Re: Sad Day!

Postby h.harb » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:43 pm

Making life sometimes even harder to bear, a friend of ours and of skiing passed today, Rich Kremsdorf. I will always remember Rich like this, happy, helpful to others and a great family man. He discovered our ski system over 10 years ago, and became devoted to his own skiing, getting accredited in PMTS was a major goal for him and he was successful. His journey with skiing was always dedicated and a thoroughly enjoyable part of his life. Rich coached at camps for us and always got great reviews from his students. His skiing improved ever season, I remember the last time I coached him, he was so excited about his progress. It is a hard pill to swallow losing him, I'm so sorry. — with Richard Kremsdorf.

h.harb

Postby HeluvaSkier » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:14 pm

I skied with Rich on and off for two days in December 2018 when he was visiting Colorado for some private coaching from Harald. Harald was kind enough to introduce me to Rich. Such a wonderful person and watching the joy on his face as his skiing progressed to new heights, just over those two days, was inspiring. He referred to himself a non-skier and non-athlete, but you'd never know it by watching him ski. It was easy to see his dedication to his skiing, but also how happy he was while doing it. I'm glad to have had the privilege of meeting Rich, if only for a short time. Thanks for posting this here JB.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby HighAngles » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:26 pm

I'm playing catch-up on older posts on the forum and am very sad to learn of Rich's passing. I was able to ski with him for a couple days last season and I always enjoyed his company and his advice. He truly was one of the nice guys.
HighAngles

Postby spinbackwards » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:03 am

h.harb wrote:Making life sometimes even harder to bear, a friend of ours and of skiing passed today, Rich Kremsdorf. I will always remember Rich like this, happy, helpful to others and a great family man. He discovered our ski system over 10 years ago, and became devoted to his own skiing, getting accredited in PMTS was a major goal for him and he was successful. His journey with skiing was always dedicated and a thoroughly enjoyable part of his life. Rich coached at camps for us and always got great reviews from his students. His skiing improved ever season, I remember the last time I coached him, he was so excited about his progress. It is a hard pill to swallow losing him, I'm so sorry. — with Richard Kremsdorf.

Bummer. I recall talking with Rich once when I wasn't easy to talk with. He was kind. I also would watch him from afar at the Basin. It was easy to see his love.
Rest In Powder, brother,
spinbackwards

Return to Social Chatting