3-way counteracting ?

Friends get together

3-way counteracting ?

Postby alex_aku » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:45 am

Hi All

I found a video from a race coach in Finnland, he talks about counteracting, and the most advanced way of counteracting, supposingly a WC-technique.

Have a look. The coach has no association with PMTS but having watched his videos I would say he advises all the elements known in PMTS.

What is your opinion on the 3-way counter-acting? something for us "normal" skiers to take a notice?
I personally am hesitant because I see the risk of un-doing any counter-action completely since it's not yet burnt in my muscle memory and if I get sloppy I lose it.

Thanks
Alex
alex_aku

Re: 3-way counteracting ?

Postby HighAngles » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:08 am

You probably didn't realize that you watched and posted a video from TDK; a highly controversial guy from the EpicSki days. This probably shouldn't be in the PMTS forum, let alone on this site.

That said, the general advice you will always receive here is to not "pollute" your PMTS learning with outside instruction if your intention is to truly advance your skiing through PMTS.
HighAngles

Postby noobSkier » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:20 pm

all I see here is some very sloppy skiing and a too soft alignment
noobSkier

Postby milesb » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:59 pm

If it was useful Harald would be teaching it. That’s a good rule to follow with things like this.
Yes I’m a Fanboi, but Harald has earned that.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Postby ToddW » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:44 pm

milesb wrote:If it was useful Harald would be teaching it. That’s a good rule to follow with things like this.

Pure gold.
ToddW

Postby razie » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:41 am

I think he's looking for this, where the hips are briefly more counteracted than the shoulders, like the skier on the left here, but I find it hard to figure out exactly what it is about:

[img size=4]https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/SXDLDQWS7II6PKMG2CUXODM2HY.jpg[/img]

PMTS is not about attaining specific positions or relationships, but about doing the appropriate movements in appropriate "amounts". That "look" could be the result of regular hip CA and CB, adequate for the performance level, *if* the skier managed a good transition.
Last edited by razie on Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
razie

Postby h.harb » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:49 am

Just another guy talking above his pay grade who has no idea what he is doing to skiers with this kind of wrong understanding. He has no relationship to PMTS or PMTS movements teaching or coaching. A confused "want to be coach", who is trying to make his mark at the expense of unknowing skiers.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:51 am

I won't remove the video because it's ludicrous stuff and should be recognized as such.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:54 am

BTW. No one on the world cup uses this extreme action. I tested this and experimented with it decades ago, it's called pre-counter, it's slow in the racecourse and it throws the skier out of balance.
h.harb

Postby HeluvaSkier » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:30 am

It needs to be said, and I can't stress this enough, that the "Triggerboy62" YouTube channel, is merely a channel created by a long-time internet forum ski instructor (TDK, won't use his real name here) who figured out how to create a facade around his supposed expertise. Sadly a lot of people seem to be being fooled into thinking his channel represents skiers training for high-level, even WC-level ski racing. From hiding in the trees filming WC skiers training at Levi to grabbing a single frame of video to make it look like his son and demo skier can actually make a top-level turn, the whole thing is a joke. This is not to knock Chris (the skier)... any coach trained in PMTS could take this kid and make a great skier out of him in only a few seasons--sadly his current coach (TDK) cannot do that and is more interested in promoting himself as a coach and exploiting the skier to make the whole thing appear to be something it isn't. Sadly, a lot of people are falling for it. We won't fall for it here.

Future references to TDK's videos are almost certain to be deleted.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby h.harb » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:59 am

Agree with Helluva.
h.harb

Postby alex_aku » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:20 am

Thanks for all replies!
And sorry I didn't realize that I was referencing to someone already well known (in the negative sense).
P.S. after your replies I won't pollute my practice with these instructions.
Best
Alex
alex_aku

Return to Social Chatting