Let’s repeat it once more - PMTS works

Friends get together

Let’s repeat it once more - PMTS works

Postby speedcontrol » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:52 pm

Today I had a chance to make some turns with one of our forum members here - noobSkier and all I can say about him is this : WOW what a brilliant pmts skiing I had a privilege to see live.All the essentials on place,fast,energetic short carving turns - real pleasure. We met on a local hill not far from Montreal (Saint Sauveur) and for those familiar with the place let me tell you that I spotted the guy on the slopes while I was driving on highway 15 below (believe it or not )and this was the very first time we met.PMTS skiing shows from miles away ! As I understand he is a green level PMTS coach or I may be wrong here,please forgive my ignorance I don’t exactly know how the colours work,but all I know is that you don’t see this kind of skiing every day on the slopes.We did some pmts drills and I needed to correct my alignment on his advice after.A day well spend on the mountain.Keep up the good work noobSkier!
speedcontrol

Re: Let’s repeat it once more - PMTS works

Postby noobSkier » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:40 pm

thanks for the kind words speedcontrol, was a pleasure to meet and ski with you! I should add that I also had the pleasure of skiing with Razie and his son Blue-jacket in January...let me just say that these guys freaking SHRED. Skiing and getting feedback from them has been a game changer for me this season. Razie explained the timing of tipping and flexing to me in just the right way to make it click and blue-jacket had me picking my jaw off the snow after casually carving the hell out of an icy double-black. Of course I also have to thank greg for setting that up. Looking forward to skiing with all of you again!
noobSkier

Postby HighAngles » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:52 pm

PMTS works. :)
HighAngles

Postby razie » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Our thanks go to Greg (Heluvaskier) and I cannot stress enough how instrumental he was in our progression and understanding. His understanding of skiing I think is second to only Harald. Coming from a coaching background but from organizations with very fuzzy, if any and sometimes incorrect technical structures, we took to PMTS like ducks take to the water (I am told they do this). It instantly makes sense... until you ski with Greg and you go "ooooohhhh, so that's what you call (tipping... or flexing... or CA... or insert favourite movement here)?".

I don't think one can decouple good technical skiing from PMTS or discuss it in any other terms that are more precise. In fact, as far as I can see, there are very few good technical skiers out there that you could even trust to discuss skiing at a certain level with... and I think a big part of the reason is the system's simplicity and precision, which is missing in everything else I've been in contact with. Some dedicated, great skiers evolve elsewhere, in spite of this, but the fact that we transformed the way we did, simply proves the repeatability available here. There could be so many more great skiers out there... and some countries seem to be listening. Unfortunately, not ours!

I've also tried and I know many have tried, to combine PMTS with this or that other system, but the reality is that tipping and pivoting the feet simply don't mix!
razie

Postby Vailsteve » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:45 pm

razie wrote:but the reality is that tipping and pivoting the feet simply don't mix!

Ummm....YUP!!
Vailsteve

Postby h.harb » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:54 pm

For any systems to work well, whether they be engine mechanics, biomechanics or boot alignment, they have to function and be understandable and duplicatable. If they are valid; the more you know about them the simpler they can become, and the more simply you can describe them. If they are not valid, they become complex and then only the gurus can interpret them, which ends up confusing everyone.

and I think a big part of the reason is the system's simplicity and precision,
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:32 am

His understanding of skiing I think is second to only Harald.

This is not a valid statement there are others, for example, our coaches and also many who are devoted followers who are not on this forum that you don't know. For example Diana my partner. This isn't to diminish anything that Greg contributes which is at a high level.
h.harb

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:08 am

Harald's statement below bears repeating.

h.harb wrote:If they are valid; the more you know about them the simpler they can become, and the more simply you can describe them.

As Razie mentioned, credit goes back to the simplicity and precision of what Harald and Diana have created with PMTS. PMTS, along with guidance from Harald, plus others like JB and Max_501 have allowed me to accelerate both my knowledge and skiing capability to levels I never thought I'd reach as primarily a 'weekend skier.' When the right set of inputs come together in training a PMTS skier, the outcome can be really, for lack of a better word, special.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Return to Social Chatting