PMTS ATTACKED ON TECHNICAL ANALYSIS OF SKIING

Friends get together

PMTS ATTACKED ON TECHNICAL ANALYSIS OF SKIING

Postby skijim13 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:14 am

A while back I posted on the site the link to the great article Harald had posted on the Energy of Transition. I received over 100 likes, the post was about two months old when this weekend Rick Schnellmann started an all out assault on Harald and PMTS telling me and others on the site it I have a narrow minded view on skiing if I don't believe in leg steering and pivoting. Dan Shores a level III ski instructor was even more and posted this statement and many others. "Harald is a fine skier, no doubt. But he is selling a product and that’s why he continues to trash PSIA. He has to separate himself so you all will pay him a bunch of money to hear the exact same stuff that you can get from any qualified full certified PSIA pro.
There are a bunch of PSIA pros, D Team members who are more skilled than Harald, you can be sure of that and that has nothing to do with anything. It’s the message, accuracy and philosophy that count". Things even got worse and I decided to no longer be part of a forum that is also just another PSIA site. Dan went silent when I sent him in a message the link to the Say Something PSIA version Video. I have been to many PSIA events and no trainer of level III skier comes close to what I learn in PMTS camps.
skijim13

Re: PMTS ATTACKED ON TECHNICAL ANALYSIS OF SKIING

Postby Vailsteve » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:34 am

I am sorry to hear this. The flame wars seem to go on forever...and flare up repeatedly. As most of you know I work at Vail and ski with mostly PSIA trained skiers. While many are good “bad” skiers...not one can compare to HH or Diana or the rest of the top skiers on this forum. (Which is NOT me!)

One of the mountain hosts I ski with trains with Diana at Loveland in the race gates and he was just going on and on and on about how well she skis. So true.

The sheer grace, elegance and efficiency of PMTS skiing versus PSIA skiing is, to me, night and day. I know how I want to ski...

I am not sure if anything can be done with the flame wars so I just ski and try to get better every year. Life is too short — so go ski!!
Vailsteve

Postby skijim13 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:32 am

So true, I come from a PSIA background and stopped working on further certification once I became hooked on PMTS. I have yet to see anyone from the PSIA ski as well as Harald and Dianna. I enjoy being part of other forums and don't understand why these forums have PSIA members that are waiting to attack PMTS skiers. I have quit two other forums do to this poor behavior. I also ski with friends that are ski instructors and they think they ski much better than me, yet they can't follow my turns, and I am not close to being at Haralds and his coaches levels. My skiing is better from PMTS training not PSIA clinics.
skijim13

Postby jbotti » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:12 am

I encourage everyone to ignore commentary like this. We all have eyes and can see the distinct difference between PMTS skiing and other skiing. Many of those commenting negatively can actually see it as well. But in the end, we have only one goal, become the best PMTS skiers we can be and all the talk and bantering in the world does nothing to accomplish that end. As well the more we just laugh to ourselves when they slam PMTS the better. I know I don't care what Fastman or anyone else thinks of my skiing. I have always been the biggest critic of my skiing and that's why I improve every year.

As I have stated many times, the war ended years ago. People like these try to perpetuate it. Clearly that's out of nothing but insecurity.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby noobSkier » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:58 am

There are a bunch of PSIA pros, D Team members who are more skilled than Harald

:lol:
noobSkier

Return to Social Chatting