Simulator to force tipping and eliminate pivoting

Friends get together

Simulator to force tipping and eliminate pivoting

Postby Zermatt » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:07 am

What are your thoughts about using the SkyTech simulator as a way of eliminating pivoting of the skis and using only tipping instead? My daughter is a 10 year old racer and there is a shop with one of those simulators nearby so I am thinking of using it during the off season. Based on my neophyte assessment it seems it allows using PMTS basic movements and forces the tipping. Any drawbacks?
Zermatt

Re: Simulator to force tipping and eliminate pivoting

Postby SkiMoose » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:08 pm

I have tried one a few times, and it seems decent, especially as a fitness tool, however it is possible that the inability for any rotation of the feet to happen could lead to some laziness in that regard. A much better option is a pair of Harb Carvers if you have the means to build a pair. On carvers you can technically twist your feet but doing so will get you in a bad situation fast. I did probably over 30 days on the carvers this summer, and in addition to being a ton of fun they completely eliminated any rotary movements from my skiing once I got back on snow. Another potential downside to the SkyTech simulator is that the motion is purely linear, so it doesn't allow practice of any counteracting movements which are crucial. Another option yet would be an Indoor ski carpet if you have one nearby. This allows you to work on every aspect of your skiing without the need for snow because of how realistically it mimics skiing.
SkiMoose

Re: Simulator to force tipping and eliminate pivoting

Postby SkiMoose » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:11 pm

SkiMoose

Return to Social Chatting