GoPro 7 Black

Friends get together

GoPro 7 Black

Postby ErikCO » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:11 pm

So, it has been quite a few years since I had one of these "action cams." Picked up the GoPro 7 Black on an after Christmas sale and, I've got to say, while I haven't had too much experience with it yet, so far I'm really impressed with their digital image stabilization. Linking here to a partial run I did with it on a head mount. Bottom half of the run is the US Ski Team early season GS run, so a fairly steep blue/black and according to my phone, I was going about 35mph for most of it. Obviously, the camera wouldn't be any good for MA video, but for a trip report/vacation highlights I am quite impressed both with image quality as well as the stabilization. By my understanding, the other cameras in the GoPro 7 line (white and silver models) don't have their most recent stabilization algorithm.

ErikCO

Re: GoPro 7 Black

Postby ErikCO » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:52 pm

This was my first time using an action cam since the original GoPro, which had rather disappointed me as the video always jumped around too much to be useful. You are right that the video is a bit more interesting including skis/poles etc. I'll have to do some playing around with that as well as a few other possible points of view. I had actually gotten it with a plan of using it for VLOGs and documenting some of the trail runs I do, so the decision to try it skiing was more of a last minute "Lets see how this works now that they are advertising the stabilization as being so good." And I was pretty amazed. That said, I'm very new to video so I'm sure I have a lot of learning to do when it comes to composition and keeping things interesting. So different from still photography!
ErikCO

Return to Social Chatting