RIP EpicSki 1999 - 2017

Friends get together

RIP EpicSki 1999 - 2017

Postby speedcontrol » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:06 am

If anyone is interested (or cares) : '' The EpicSki forum will no longer be available after April 28, 2017, due to our current hosting provider discontinuing its forum services.

We appreciate and thank all of the forum members, moderators and site managers for your years of dedication and contribution to the conversation and community. ''
speedcontrol

Re: RIP EpicSki 1999 - 2017

Postby NoCleverName » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:57 am

As I mentioned in the thread I started yesterday, it's interesting that the owners (Vail) saw now useful purpose in fronting the money to convert the site to a new provider. Now, Vail has a lot of money and they ARE in the skiing industry, so you have to wonder why they saw spending money on Epic was less useful then, say, buying a few pages in SKI magazine. But then, when you actually look at the content at Epic (other than the Ski instruction area) ... it's actually pretty barren and really doesn't do much to advertise Vail, or for that matter, anything useful to promote skiing. And of course, while the participants in the Ski instruction think it's important, that forum is largely PSIA bandying back and forth their latest theory with little practical content for the public.

The PugSki site seems to have been formed as a refuge from Epic ... it will cover industry news more thoroughly from people who seem to be more like insiders. As far as instruction goes, I think there's some closet PMTS going on there ... again, not in name and not by everybody. That site will probably now be overrun by the self-anointed Epic "experts".

The fact is, no skiing site has a lot of public participation. A lot of lurkers maybe, but that's it. You might think that this site isn't that popular ... but it isn't because of PMTS it's just the whole level of interest in the subject ... maybe because people who hae enough money to ski have better things to do than participate in ski forums.
NoCleverName

Re: RIP EpicSki 1999 - 2017

Postby speedcontrol » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:36 pm

about Pugski - as I understand you have the freedom to mention and discuss PMTS without being banned (unlike Epic).
speedcontrol

Return to Social Chatting