Worst Skier in the World

Friends get together

Worst skier in the world?

Postby nickia » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:08 pm

This cross-country skier representing Venezuela at the Nordic World Ski Championships in Finland may just be the worst, and most endearing, competitive skier in sporting history.
Adrian Solano represented his country at Lahti 2017 on Tuesday, but after wombling his way past the starting line, stumbling his way through the course and failing to finish the race, he entered the running for the world’s worst skier.

As it turns out, Solano had never skied on snow before the event and had only trained on wheels.

In fact, Adrian was due to spend a month training on snow in Sweden in the run-up to the competition but was deported from France before he could arrive because they didn’t believe he was a legitimate skier.

"When I got to Paris on 19 January, I explained that I was on my way to Sweden to train. They did not believe that I ski in Venezuela,” Solano told AFP.

"I told them that we train on wheels. I only had €28 with me and the police accused me of trying to immigrate because things were going badly in my country," he added. “I missed a month of practice on the snow. But I am still trying because this is my dream."

https://www.rt.com/viral/378453-adrian-solano-ski-video/

:lol:
nickia

Re: Worst skier in the world?

Postby Max_501 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:23 am

Reminder that this forum is for PMTS related discussion. Please post non-PMTS discussions in the Social Chatting forum.
Max_501

Postby nickia » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:36 am

Oops. Could you or any of he mod move this over to the other forum?
nickia

Postby h.harb » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Great "O" frame but his pants are too tight!
h.harb

Return to Social Chatting