New e video

Friends get together

New e video

Postby nipper » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:47 pm

For those of you who do not check out the Harbskisystems website very often. A new e video by Diana on indoor training has recently been released.
nipper

Re: New e video

Postby njdiver85 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:42 am

The e-video confirmed what I had previously assumed . . . I don't have half the flexibility of Diana!
njdiver85

Postby skijim13 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:46 am

Great video for dryland training, I find the more you work on your flexability the better it gets. Lorie and I found the Ski Yoga Video with Billy Asad has helped us greatly improve our flexability so important to skiing.
skijim13

Postby NoCleverName » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:11 am

This is an excellent video which actually goes beyond simple "dryland training" and exposes the primary movements in a direct and approachable manner without the complication of dealing with sliding around the slopes at the same time. The only equipment you need is a couple of chairs, a wall, and possibly the slant board (which is used in an innovative way). Performing the exercises in front of a full-length mirror is highly recommended if not pretty much a necessity.

One big advantage is that you can see what you are doing in a mirror while experiencing what the moves feel like ... thus closing the "perception is not reality" gap somewhat.

Using the usual Harb teaching progression, you "work up" to the final movements without throwing away anything you've done before. The demonstrations provide many physical cues which could easily translate back to the slopes. For example, in the demonstration for counter balance she moves so as to cause her hip to move up the wall; on the slope, you could easily visualize your own hip "climbing the wall" as a movement cue. Almost as important as showing you what to do is the presentation of what not to do.

As an aside, there are a number of scenes where DIana is performing the Essentials completely free-standing without support of the wall or chair. I look at this as a validation of PMTS creating balance over the skis.
NoCleverName

Return to Social Chatting