It's August

Friends get together

It's August

Postby jbotti » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Can I help it if I start to get pumped about skiing every August! Saw that Vail just bought Whistler which is I guess another reason for the whole world to buy an Epic pass but I digress. Saw the headline and realized that we are less than 3 months from snow making at Loveland and A basin and a little more til they open. Anyone else getting pumped?
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Re: It's August

Postby ToddW » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:48 pm

jbotti wrote:Anyone else getting pumped?

Count me in. I've dreamed I was on snow the last several nights. Am looking forward to my annual late October pilgrimage to A-Basin or Loveland from NY. And also to seeing the women's WC SL and GS races at my home mountain in less than 4 months.
ToddW

Postby geoffda » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:03 am

ToddW wrote:
jbotti wrote:Anyone else getting pumped?

Count me in. I've dreamed I was on snow the last several nights. Am looking forward to my annual late October pilgrimage to A-Basin or Loveland from NY. And also to seeing the women's WC SL and GS races at my home mountain in less than 4 months.

Yep, I'm pretty done with summer & dreaming about being back on snow. Todd, ping me if you come out. Would love to make some turns with you.
geoffda

Postby blackthorn » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:31 pm

Yes indeed it is august. Last week I was at Treble Cone, NZ. Recent videos on You Tube suggest that Reilly McGlashan and JF Beaulieu were there, and if I identified their ski jackets right, then I was there too.

I watched them for a while.

The weather and snow were great. So - dream on, you North Americans.
blackthorn

Postby jbotti » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:16 pm

I guess we repay the favor all northern hemisphere winter long when this site is actually alive so more than fair game.

One year (and change) I am going to do a perpetual winter. Could be hard to sell on the wife but we can always dream!
jbotti

Postby Max_501 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Did you know we can ski with Jay during the summer up at Hood? Here's Jay having some fun in summer bumps!

Max_501

Postby jbotti » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:34 am

Funny perspective in the photo because he looks like he is skiing uphill.
jbotti

Postby ToddW » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:51 am

I'm glad to see Jay skiing on two skis and doing well. Last run I made with him, he skied the whole (long) run on one ski while teaching a class and protecting an injured knee.
ToddW

Postby Max_501 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:53 pm

ToddW wrote:I'm glad to see Jay skiing on two skis and doing well. Last run I made with him, he skied the whole (long) run on one ski while teaching a class and protecting an injured knee.

Yeah, tons of rehab.
Max_501

Postby jbotti » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:48 pm

Whose getting Pumped!! I know I am!! They will be making snow in Summit County over the next few days. I will be on snow for my first trip in less than 2 months. Yeah baby!!
jbotti

Postby dan.boisvert » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:13 pm

The VT ski expo was Saturday, and it was nice to go and think snow for a bit. I'm hoping to spend more time in the snow and less time in the car this year, now that I live a lot closer to the mountains. I suppose that means I should get my butt back in the gym..
dan.boisvert

Return to Social Chatting