Ski Instructor Stem

Friends get together

Ski Instructor Stem

Postby sujo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:08 pm

I was on the chair lift Saturday with three instructors and another that just failed the Level 1 exam. He said he failed because he had a stem of his outside ski at the bottom of his left turn. None of the other instructors one of which who said he was an examiner mentioned that counter acting could eliminate the stem. The examiner rambled off all kinds of other "stuff" none of which I could tell what he was talking about. My guess was the skier was squaring up at the bottom of the turn and losing the tail of his outside ski. I know focusing on CA eliminated that same problem in my right turns.
sujo

Re: Ski Instructor Stem

Postby Hobbit » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:34 pm

It has been mentioned multiple times that you cannot introduce suggestions based on PMTS movements to TTS folks. PMTS is a complete deal -- take it or leave it. For example if they are not tipping feet and / or flexing to release, etc. what's good holding the counter in transition will do for them? At best it will expose other weakness.
I am sure that "failed" level 1 guy will eventually figure out how to ski like other "non-failed" instructors. They all have stems in their turns anyway :)
Hobbit
Site Admin

Return to Social Chatting