Loveland info

Friends get together

Loveland info

Postby B.Mulligan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:54 am

I have a conference in Denver in a few weeks and i would like to get some skiing, i'll have a friday and saturday. I am thinking of zeroing in on Loveland, and I think you guys ski here more than just about anyone. I might grab a hotel/ motel on friday night up nearer the mountain to avoid the worst of the legendary I 70 saturday traffic.

I don't mind fix grip lifts, and I generally prefer cheaper and lower key resorts with good terrain. My questions are how busy does it get on a weekend, and how does it compare to the rseorts on the otherside of the tunnel. I have skied copper, Abasin, vail and Breck, didn't like vail or Breck, at least not for the money. Liked copper a lot, liked Abasin but not as much as I thought I would.

Would you guys ski Loveland over these other areas if you were just visiting? If not why and if so why?

Thanks.
B.Mulligan

Re: Loveland info

Postby geoffda » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:49 pm

Definitely Loveland. It can get busy on weekends, but nothing like the Summit County resorts. It compares quite favorably to the resorts on the other side of the tunnel. Lots of varied and interesting terrain on different aspects. There are good groomers, bump runs and steeps. It does sit up on the divide, so if the weather is bad it can be pretty chilly and visibility can be a problem, but other than that, it is a great place to ski with a low key, low hassle vibe.
geoffda

Postby Vailsteve » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:14 pm

Welcome to Colorado! As Geoff says Loveland is great with a great vibe. You also
might like A Basin or keystone. I like both of them better. They are just a little further on the other side of
the tunnel.
I do not recommend Vail or Breckinridge, even though Vail is my home mountain.
It will be a zoo all month due to spring break...Although the snow is really
Really good right now.

vailsteve
Vailsteve

Postby Max_501 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:24 pm

I'd vote for Abasin. Good lodging and food nearby.
Max_501

Postby hyper_squirrel7 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:00 pm

A-Basin doesn't have on-site lodging but Keystone (which does) is literally a stone's throw away and there are many places in the nearby towns. I'm not sure about Loveland.
hyper_squirrel7

Return to Social Chatting