andreas spettel

Friends get together

andreas spettel

Postby sgarrozzo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:51 pm

I do not know if you have already seen. What do you think about the technical skills?

sgarrozzo

Re: andreas spettel

Postby blackthorn » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Many of the movements he demonstrates as exercises and also shows in his skiing are exactly those I am trying to eliminate from my own skiing. It certainly is not PMTS, nor even based on PMTS movements. He looks to be a very good skier but is not using a technique that I am trying to emulate. Just another TTS.
blackthorn

For Harald

Postby sgarrozzo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:06 am

Hi Harald,
I hope you do not delete the videos of Andreas Spettel. I do not propose again to make you angry. I have never been able to attend your classes (and I hope to do in the future)so I have a need to understand why certain movements are not going well for you, if it is the wrong approach, and so on.
A few times I saw you made comments in some videos of other skiers that have been deleted. It isn't good, don't you think?
For me to know what you consider wrong or unresponsive to PMTS style is important and I also need to improve, however. Personally I can learn a lot of what needs to be done, looking at those who do it differently. Provided that there is someone that explains to me. And you are the best to do it. If you can be so kind. :D
sgarrozzo

Re: For Harald

Postby Max_501 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:08 pm

sgarrozzo wrote:I have never been able to attend your classes (and I hope to do in the future)so I have a need to understand why certain movements are not going well for you, if it is the wrong approach, and so on.
For me to know what you consider wrong or unresponsive to PMTS style is important and I also need to improve, however.

If you really want to improve you are much better off spending time focused on learning correct PMTS movements. The good news is that Harald has given us a road map and all of the tools to get there!

Max_501 wrote:Learning PMTS can be very simple if you follow the progression HH has given us. Book 1, Book 2, then Essentials. No need to over analyze or question the steps that HH has laid out in the books and on this forum because they simply work. Nike has a slogon "Just Do It" and that applies here. Just Do It [PMTS] and you will be on the road to expert skiing.

Historically this forum has been used as a distance learning system to supplement the PMTS books, DVDs, and camps.

If you are learning PMTS from a distance then its very helpful to read the books and watch the videos, starting with Expert Skier 1.

Image ImageImage

And if you are attempting to teach others I'd suggest adding the Instructor Manual to your collection

Read this post by Harald Harb written in 2004 - Book Learning

Nearly every question I can think of has already been asked and answered on this forum. The best way to search the forum is to use Google. Here is an example that you can type into the google search box to find informaing on counteracting movements here.

"counteracting" site:http://www.pmts.org/pmtsforum

or

"counter acting" site:http://www.pmts.org/pmtsforum

Using Google focused on searching the PMTS forum yields a wealth of information!
Max_501

Re: andreas spettel

Postby blackthorn » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:15 pm

Hi Sgarrozzo

Many of the posters and lurkers on the forum will be able to movement analyse (MA) this video and see ( with varying levels of expertise) where it differs from PMTS. I really really support Max when he says to get the books and videos - especially the top three initially. ( It would be interesting to count the number times since this forum was founded and there are only so many ways to say the same thing) If you study books, even as you start to put in place all the graded drills etcetc of the programme and this will take time, you will learn much more quickly how to analyse this and other skiing and see where it differs from PMTS. This is one of the great enjoyments I have got from PMTS - and besides it gives me something to do in my off-season. You will then be able to determine for yourself what path you would like to take as you will understand the reasoning behind the PMTS system. Some like to analyse but if you don't, just get on and do it anyway. What you will find in the books is very clear and logical. Having learnt how to MA and understand PMTS you will find the forum is a treasure trove of information BUT worth hugely less until you have put time into get a basic understanding.
No-one is likely to say that the skier in the video is not a high level skier.
blackthorn

Return to Social Chatting