First Turns!

Friends get together

First Turns!

Postby jbotti » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:51 pm

Flew to Colorado yesterday with Max 501 and 3 other friends and we grabbed our first turns of the season today at A Basin Conditions were wonderful with 7-8 " of fresh last night. I have spent the last two months on a program focused on building glute and core strength. Shocked at how great I felt today. Like all cyclists my glutes had been neglected for years. All our one legged balancing requires glute strength. I feel like a different skier. I think a glute strength training video is in the works from HSS as they also recognize that most people are quad dominant and glute strength is huge in skiing.

Did get to see Harald and Diana and Geoff and Walter and a whole bunch of campers. The PMTS beat goes on.

Here's to great snow and great improvement for all this season. It's here and it's time to ski!!
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Re: First Turns!

Postby DougD » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:57 pm

Hey John,

Glad you and Max made it, just in time for the freshies too. I spotted a skier today in black & white, chatting with Harald. It looked like Max's suit but I didnt see him skiing, so couldn't tell if it was.

I'm in Walter's group at camp this week. Would be fun to meet face-to-face if we get the chance.
DougD

Postby Vskier » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:55 pm

I also got my first turns of the season, but just a few miles away at Keystone. The snow was good and it felt great to feel the cold air in my face again. The second run felt better that the first and the third run was better than the second... Just took it easy and worked on what else, inside leg relaxing/flexing and tipping :D
Vskier

Postby jbotti » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:32 pm

Doug I will find you tomorrow. I am wearing a bright orange jacket, easy to spot.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Return to Social Chatting