New instructional video from top Australian skiers

Friends get together

New instructional video from top Australian skiers

Postby skijim13 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:29 am

For $20 dollars you can get unlimited access to this 20 min video

skijim13

Re: New instructional video from top Australian skiers

Postby B.Mulligan » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:02 am

It's one CSIA and two Australians. I bought access this video, I think it is closer to 40 minutes of instruction and demonstration. I didn't think any of it looked like what I have seen in PSIA videos.

Do you like it? I think it is very sharp for a demonstration.
B.Mulligan

Postby skijim13 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:17 am

no, did not buy it came in on one of my skiing groups I belong to with no explaination as a 2 min video, thought it was from the PSIA. I only buy PMTS videos since they more than cover anything I will need in my training. Do you think that these skiers are missing any of the essentials?
skijim13

Postby gaku » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:46 am

If you take a closer look the phantom move is integrated into Reily's [0.40 sec - EDIT: shows up at 40 sec, example from 46 seconds] and Lorenz' skiing - after flexing the outside leg to the length of the inside leg the turns are initiated by lifting the free foot and tilting it to the LTE. The sections you mentioned had slightly stronger pullback, and coupled with the slow-motion, made it easier to spot. Here's Harald demonstrating the phantom move:

The movement is nuanced, but effective. Look at his [Lorenz] knees after transition and during initiation -- the inside knee lifts after the float phase as he's actively flexes the inside leg (thus lifting the ski) and tilts his feet to the little toe edge.

"The two Australian guys, Paul and Reilly, are light years ahead go the US Demo Team, and are some of the best of all the Demo Teams. It's obvious they have been working on inside leg tipping and flexing releases."-Harald Harb

I don't remember where, but I seem to remember recently coming across a post where Harb mentioned he was corresponding with Reilly regarding PMTS movements.

skijim13 wrote:no, did not buy it came in on one of my skiing groups I belong to with no explaination as a 2 min video, thought it was from the PSIA. I only buy PMTS videos since they more than cover anything I will need in my training. Do you think that these skiers are missing any of the essentials?

Comparing this to PSIA is akin to comparing two diametrically opposed skiing paradigms -- one is based on efficiency and alignment of internal and external forces (flexing is a way of maintaining the proper alignment), the other is based on force generation (early pressure as opposed to early edge angle), pushing yourself off balance and working against rather than with the external forces.
Last edited by gaku on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaku

Postby B.Mulligan » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:51 am

The above video of HH demonstrating 17 seconds of expert skiing is wonderful. That is perfect skiing.

I have purchased the The Project Kitz video, I think those skiers are working on similar mechanics to the ones discussed here. It certainly is not PSIA. I have also watched a lot of the Australian guys in this video skiing bumps, it is very Exciting skiing.
B.Mulligan

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:43 pm

Reilly and Paul are great skiers and continue to push their skiing to new levels of performance and refinement. The quote below speaks volumes as how strong their current skiing is.

h.harb wrote:The two Australian guys, Paul and Reilly, are light years ahead go the US Demo Team, and are some of the best of all the Demo Teams. It's obvious they have been working on inside leg tipping and flexing releases. They have also worked hard to get their boots set. Comparing them to even two seasons ago; they have made real progress. They ski better than Berger in my view. Some little details still to work out in refinement, but they are skiing well.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Return to Social Chatting