Short Season For many!

Friends get together

Short Season For many!

Postby jbotti » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:03 pm

I have just returned from Montana and skied what appear to be my last days this season. It was a truly sub-par year for most in the Rockies and a disastrous season for those in the Sierra's and PNW. I did get to ski some corn (very rare that we get enough freeze and thaw in MT to actually create corn) and over some iced up crud and bumps. It definitely builds character and it will make me more appreciative of the wonderful conditions we usually have 95% of the time in Montana.

What is truly amazing is that it is only the first week of April. There are years when Tahoe gets 100+ inches of snow in April alone. So as Jim Carrey said in dumb and dumber, "so you're telling me I've got a chance!" Hope and opposable thumbs are all that separate us from animals. So I will hope and dream for a big pow day at Squaw sometime in April. Better yet, several pow days.

For those in Summit Cty that plan on skiing into June, none of us want to even hear about it.

For those on the east coast that are thinking the same, Congrats!! You guys deserve it.

Lastly Diana sent me a shot from the hotel from her first day at Hintertux. Wow, it looked awesome. Those campers appear to be in for a treat.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Re: Short Season For many!

Postby kirtland » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:35 pm

Mt Shasta Ski Park and Mt Ashland were only open a few weeks, but the Alpine touring on Mt Shasta above timberline has been good, still plenty of snow. Expecting snow this week which should smooth things out again.
Went to Utah 3 weeks ago to visit my son and ski, it was spring conditions. Decent at Brighton and Solitude, was going to Park City, but locals said don't bother not enough snow. Came back early.
Planning to go to Mt Bachelor end of next week. Still has snow and inexpensive spring season passes. Had 5 consecutive days of fresh powder in April last year.
kirtland

Return to Social Chatting