The skiers manifesto blog

Friends get together

The skiers manifesto blog

Postby deicreo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:48 am

Have anybody of you guys come across this blog?
http://skimoves.me/
This is beyond my knowledge and experience to rate it as there is lots of science involved. Honestly speaking, being taught PMTS aproach I simply do not get this.
Here is the example of the recent article: http://skimoves.me/2015/01/03/get-over-what/
Does anybody know the author? Looks to be very credible. Are you finding it interesting/useful?
deicreo

Re: The skiers manifesto blog

Postby geoffda » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:35 pm

The Schifrin article misses the boat. The problem with her boot setup was that she was over canted and wasn't able to roll to big toe edge effectively so she had to compensate with ineffective movements.

Looking at some of the other articles, I'd say this site is not useful. Seems like it is authored by someone who has no real understanding of how skiing works. You can't use physics and biomechanics to explain skiing when looking in from the outside. If you don't understand what the best skiers are actually doing, it is unlikely that you will correctly apply the science. PMTS is the only system that I'm aware of that actually gets the science right.

<Edit>It appears that David McPhail is the blog author. If that is the case, we don't consider his theories to be credible.</Edit>
geoffda

Re: The skiers manifesto blog

Postby deicreo » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:20 am

Thanks Geoff for that clarification.
I just can not get why after tens of years of research there are so many people producing so much disinformation about skiing technique.
The human body is a finite set of variables and It has been proved by HH that they all can be set up in optimal relationship.
So many years of research, thinking, several patents and still faraway from the truth !!!
deicreo

Return to Social Chatting