Remark from 6yo

Friends get together

Remark from 6yo

Postby arnokamphuis » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:23 am

My 6yo son trains three times a week in the alpine skiteam at our local skiclub (dry slopes), but there are a lot of other kids just having regular lessons. Since the skiclub uses a 'traditional' ski instruction system the younger kids learn the snow plow, just like my son did. However, now that he is in the skiteam they try to remove the snow plow from his technique and focus making him ski parallel.

Yesterday I was skiing with my son at the skiclub when he looked at the beginners' group. After a few seconds he turned to me and asked: "Dad, why do they learn the snow plow when eventually they have to learn parallel skiing? Why don't they just start with parallel?".... The funny thing is, I never told him about PMTS and I never made any remark about this to him. I replied that I agreed with him and that there are people in the world who directly learn parallel.

Anyway, I just found it funny that he noticed this. It just goes to show that direct parallel is very logical :D
New to PMTS | 34 Years Skiing Experience | Marcel Hirscher Fan | Father of 6yo
arnokamphuis

Re: Remark from 6yo

Postby polecat » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:44 pm

It also goes to show how much smarter a 6yo can be than an entire huge organization of "professional" ski instructors.
polecat

Re: Remark from 6yo

Postby arnokamphuis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Indeed!
New to PMTS | 34 Years Skiing Experience | Marcel Hirscher Fan | Father of 6yo
arnokamphuis

Return to Social Chatting