Let's take a BASI break

Friends get together

Re: Let's take a BASI break

Postby HighAngles » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:11 pm

Max_501 wrote:Now you are getting it. If a skier doesn't use a strong pullback during the transition to re-position the feet in relation to the hips, then they'll need to do something else to re-position the hips in relation to the feet, and that something is typically an early outside leg extension.

Thanks - definitely learned something new through this "exercise". :D
HighAngles

Postby Max_501 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:51 pm

HighAngles wrote:Thanks - definitely learned something new through this "exercise". :D

We really do need a LIKE post feature... Live, learn, and become an expert skier and coach!
Max_501

Postby arothafel » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:51 am

That helped me alot, too! Thanks Max!
arothafel

Postby blackthorn » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:28 am

So, am I seeing this key difference. when I compare the skier's screenshot and Max's avatar?
blackthorn

Postby Max_501 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:48 pm

blackthorn wrote:So, am I seeing this key difference. when I compare the skier's screenshot and Max's avatar?

Good eye. Yes.
Max_501

Postby Vskier » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Max, thanks for your analysis. I learned the difference between feet pullback and aggressive outside leg extension. I'm also with Highangles in his very first comment in that the skiers aggressive outside leg extension put him in the air during the high c instead of on his edges and controlling speed. His aggressive outside leg extension is also flawed in that on his turns to the right, he lands on his right leg (inside leg) which puts him in a compromised balance position. He does this at least five times in that video where he almost loses balance but makes a recovery. Thanks for helping me understand how superior foot pullback is to OLE.
Vskier

Previous

Return to Social Chatting