I saw this post on Epic. Paul Lorenz from Australlia

Friends get together

Re: I saw this post on Epic. Paul Lorenz from Australlia

Postby skijim13 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:43 am

I seen the disussion on the use of the strong arm in skiing in the instructor manual, would this skier benefit from using that on his inside pole by having it more pointed ouside the turn then towards the back of the turn?
skijim13

Postby Max_501 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:24 am

HH didn't say anything about unwinding CA so that is a misinterpretation of his post. Read carefully and see that HH is commenting on a higher level of refinement.

BTW, WC racers don't concentrate on skiing technique while they are racing. The technique seen during the race is a product of countless hours of training.
Max_501

Postby hyper_squirrel7 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:19 am

Wow, is this the Aussie Demo Team? It looks quite different from most demo team skiing I've seen!
hyper_squirrel7

Postby B.Mulligan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:39 am

I don't think this skier's skiing is emblematic of the Australian National Ski instructor methodology, or any national system, certainly not the American one. I think he is part of their demo team but the skiing he demonstrates is separate and his own.

As one person said above, he needs refinement, but at this level, I think that is the work of a top coach and top skier, like Harald.
B.Mulligan

Postby h.harb » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:31 pm

Would I have suggestions for Paul or Reilly, sure, but it's up their motivation as to what they want to accomplish and at what level. In PMTS we are two levels beyond the way they use their upper bodies with regard to pole use and shoulder and hip counteracting. Richie Berger is one level off the PMTS system, but he is one of the closest. Not everyone notices the difference. Most aren't interested. But I can say one thing that clearly defines where PMTS is, where it's going and why. PMTS is world cup skiing based. The world cup skiers use a very fine tap or pole touch. They are totally counteracted at the release. these are the best skiers in the world. That is where PMTS has always gone and will continue evolve technique based on that skiing.
h.harb

Previous

Return to Social Chatting