Come on, Man!

Friends get together

Re: Come on, Man!

Postby h.harb » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Not that funny, old hat to us, we don't ski Vail products, we ski A-Basin.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:53 pm

Hitler wedges! No back bowls for wedgers.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:20 am

h.harb

Postby HeluvaSkier » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:15 am

It is okay... all the countries at Interski thought the PSIA was a joke anyway. You know your national organization sucks when Canada starts to look good compared to the skiers we sent! :lol:
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby cheesehead » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:29 am

"Balance is now more about equilibrium..."

I have no idea what that means. I wonder what balance used to be about?

And apparently you need to put pressure on the skis while you are spinning in the air. And your body centered over your skis at ALL times. And be sure to turn those legs, too.
--- aka John Carey
Madison, Wisconsin
cheesehead

Postby h.harb » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:12 am

Since they never taught balance in the first place, they have to come up with another name, to make what they actually do sound impressive. .
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:13 am

all the countries at Interski thought the PSIA was a joke anyway

Scary thought when the Canadian Demo Team looks better than PSIA's?
h.harb

Postby HeluvaSkier » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:21 am

h.harb wrote:Scary thought when the Canadian Demo Team looks better than PSIA's?

Terrifying and embarrassing at the same time.

HeluvaSkier

Postby h.harb » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:48 pm

PSIA's new advertising and promotional campaign should resolve all of this. On Minneapolis radio, they are advertising, I was just there so we heard it, they now have, "World class ski instruction", at Afton Alps, a Vail owned ski mogul. On the internet, they are saying, "We have revolutionized ski instruction", and the new way of PSIA skiing is by using "Equilibrium", this is a major breakthrough in skiing? WOW, am I ever excited. They couldn't figure out "Balancing" in 30 years, , so they abandoned it, they are now calling, non-balancing, "equilibrium". I'm sure this will work. An Aussie would say, what a "bunch of wankers", I can't think of a better expression to describe PSIA or Vail, who really owns PSIA.
h.harb

Postby arothafel » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:41 pm

You can put lipstick on the pig.....
arothafel

Postby go_large_or_go_home » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:08 am

You can't polish a turd......BUT, you CAN cover it in glitter.....
go_large_or_go_home

Postby go_large_or_go_home » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:10 am

h.harb wrote:PSIA's new advertising and promotional campaign should resolve all of this. On Minneapolis radio, they are advertising, I was just there so we heard it, they now have, "World class ski instruction", at Afton Alps, a Vail owned ski mogul. On the internet, they are saying, "We have revolutionized ski instruction", and the new way of PSIA skiing is by using "Equilibrium", this is a major breakthrough in skiing? WOW, am I ever excited. They couldn't figure out "Balancing" in 30 years, , so they abandoned it, they are now calling, non-balancing, "equilibrium". I'm sure this will work. An Aussie would say, what a "bunch of wankers", I can't think of a better expression to describe PSIA or Vail, who really owns PSIA.

Found this little gem from HH dated Feb 14th 2013:

Getting low with the hips by bending is inevitable and is desirable to create a transition. Learning how to use this movement is a PMTS domain, no one else teaches this, because they think you always want to be in the middle of your skis, which is just flat wrong.

Does 'their' thought process go along the lines of: if its not working, just change the name and see if anyone notices that it is just the same old crap?? Equilibrium my arse...sounds like a Tom Cruise movie...
go_large_or_go_home

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:36 am

go_large_or_go_home wrote:Does 'their' thought process go along the lines of: if its not working, just change the name and see if anyone notices that it is just the same old crap?? Equilibrium my arse...sounds like a Tom Cruise movie...

For this to be true there would have to be the following in place:
1) A thought process.
2) Something that was designed to and actually may have worked at one time (a system).

HeluvaSkier

Postby KWayne » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:22 am

Getting low with the hips by bending is inevitable and is desirable to create a transition. Learning how to use this movement is a PMTS domain

I am constantly being hammered by PSIA trainers for this. They always try to get me to "stand tall" and "move the hips forward" (like standing in front of a urinal).
KWayne

Postby HighAngles » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:29 am

KWayne wrote:
Getting low with the hips by bending is inevitable and is desirable to create a transition. Learning how to use this movement is a PMTS domain

I am constantly being hammered by PSIA trainers for this. They always try to get me to "stand tall" and "move the hips forward" (like standing in front of a urinal).

That's because they don't strive to get increasing edge angles through tipping, they mostly do it through inclination (aka "leaning into the hill"). If you're "standing tall" you aren't able to tip in the PMTS world.
HighAngles

PreviousNext

Return to Social Chatting