New to PMTS

Friends get together

New to PMTS

Postby Peter Loohuis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:14 am

Hi there,

My name is Peter and im 23 years old and I live in the Netherlands. Im a beginning skier and only been skiing for one week. Last year I started in france with the normal French ski teaching system. But I didnt enjoyed it. My knees where killing me and my feet also and couldnt make it down in one piece. I had 10 hours of practice in france.

So I searched the internet for otherways to learn skiing. I found a dutch indoor ski school that teaches PMTS. So I made this step in september and booked 10, 1 hour lessons at this ski school. Now I have finished 6 lessons already. And I have to say its amazing how easy it is to learn PMTS. My knees dont hurt and my feet also. The most difficult part was dropping everything I learned in France. So Last week I decided to go to a dutch indoor skiing track with some real snow to see how far I have come. I was amazed by myself I was doing better then my girl but she already had 30 hours of lessons on the French way.

Thank you so much for this great teaching system.

Cheers
P. Loohuis
Peter Loohuis

Re: New to PMTS

Postby Zippy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:47 am

Welcome, Peter. Yes it is easy to learn with PMTS. Please post picture of girlfriend.
Zippy

Postby Peter Loohuis » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:04 am

Zippy wrote:Welcome, Peter. Yes it is easy to learn with PMTS. Please post picture of girlfriend.

What a warm welcome it is.
Peter Loohuis

Postby jclayton » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:25 am

Hi Peter ,
if you can , post some video . It's good to see how someone develops from the beginning . Most of us have had to get rid of many years of bad habits . Also you can get some good MA ( Movement Analysis ) from other PMTS instructors ( mainly Harald ) and other posters . I have just finished a camp and the different instructors complement each other with slightly different takes but still speaking the same language .
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby Peter Loohuis » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:47 am

jclayton wrote:Hi Peter ,
if you can , post some video . It's good to see how someone develops from the beginning . Most of us have had to get rid of many years of bad habits . Also you can get some good MA ( Movement Analysis ) from other PMTS instructors ( mainly Harald ) and other posters . I have just finished a camp and the different instructors complement each other with slightly different takes but still speaking the same language .

This weekend if everything goes well ill be spending 2 days in germany to ski. So ill make some video`s and will upload these. Maybe you guys see something my instructor doesnt see ;)
Peter Loohuis

Postby Zippy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:13 pm

Peter Loohuis wrote:Maybe you guys see something my instructor doesnt see ;)

Is the instructor trained in PMTS?
Zippy

Postby Peter Loohuis » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:10 pm

Zippy wrote:
Peter Loohuis wrote:Maybe you guys see something my instructor doesnt see ;)

Is the instructor trained in PMTS?

They say they are all PMTS certified so I hope so :).(I know for sure). They had pretty good references. Its the only skiing institute in The Netherlands that teaches it.

But my lessons are on a indoor track on some kind of rubber mats. Dont know how its called in english. Its hard to do it on. Last weekend I went to a indoor skidome with some snow and the releasing and tipping did go 10 times more easy. But when I have to videos am i supposed to post them in here or on the PMTS part of the forum?
Peter Loohuis

Postby Zippy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:01 am

Peter Loohuis wrote: But when I have to videos am i supposed to post them in here or on the PMTS part of the forum?

Peter: No, post them in the PMTS forum, not here in social chat. Thanks.
Zippy

Postby h.harb » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:02 pm

If you are skiing with Guis and Jasper they are good! They have been training with us in Hintertux for the last five years.

http://www.portesduski.nl/
h.harb

Postby Peter Loohuis » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:47 am

h.harb wrote:If you are skiing with Guis and Jasper they are good! They have been training with us in Hintertux for the last five years.

http://www.portesduski.nl/

Thats them. Really nice people.
Peter Loohuis

Postby Bonz » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Zippy wrote:Welcome, Peter. Yes it is easy to learn with PMTS. Please post picture of girlfriend.

Dutch Chicks are hot.
Bonz

Return to Social Chatting