Global warming

Friends get together

Global warming

Postby tommy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:56 am

Tommi wrote elsewhere:
et's go ski (in the rain here, darn!) and have fun,

It's real, global warming. As I write this, it's 7 degrees above freezing in Stockholm, we have barely seen snow in all winter, and the entire country is experiencing temperatures way above normal. The situation has been a total anomaly all winter...

At this time of year we should be having at least -10 C...

It seems that ex-president Gore really has a point with his

Inconvenient truth

:(
Prediction is difficult, particularly about the future
tommy

Postby rlspalding » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:38 am

I feel more ashamed for the previous winners of the prize..if you ever get a chance you might want to go and look this list up to see who else is on the list and what they did. Its a shame that Al Gore's name is next these other people on this list. The strife they went through and their accomplishments all diminished by this garbage.

The fact that he got a Nobel Peace Prize for absolutely nothing only degrades that pretigeous prize and Im sure Alfred is rolling in his grave over this. How in the heck does telling everyone about global warming (which everyone already knows) do anything for the "abolition or reduction of standing armies"? (supposedly the requirements to win the Peace Prize. Its a shame that the advisory board to the most honorable award/prize in the world would tarnish the Prize with such crap.
rlspalding

Re: Global warming

Postby John Mason » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:36 am

The National Solar Observatory in AZ has issued a paper that portends a possiblity of no sunspots clear out to 2015 and beyond based in measurements of the trail down of the current cycle. We may be heading toward a dalton or even maurader style minimum.

My friend in Alaska is having one of the coldest winters on record.

The whole earth satalite record are going to show 2008 continues the 10 year cooling trend.

If the National Observatory in AZ is correct we are in for much pain as a species as we don't toloreate cooling and shortend growing seasons very well.

GCR (galactic cosmic rays) which fluctuate as a reflection of the strength of the sun's magnetic field have been rising in a linear trend since June of 08. It's now at 35 year highs. At the current level of GCR this causes about a 2 percent increase in lower troprosphere cloud cover. This is why we are seeing such dramatic cooling this year.

The sun's magnetic field and it's proxy measurements have a statistitcal corelation to the climate of over 88 percent. CO2 actual doesn't corelate statistically at all.

Sorry about having to put a bit of sunlight on this post. I wish there was something we could do as humans to stop the slide in tempretures, but we can't.

Some day the IPCC and their 20 different computer models will add GCR and cloud effects. Until they do we'll continue to see this hype based on computer models that amounts to political propoganda even as the earth continues it's cooling trend.
John Mason

Postby Peter Loohuis » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:09 am

I read some more about the sunspots. Seems like this winter there will be the most sunspots recorded since the last century.
Peter Loohuis

Postby MonsterMan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:17 am

Some day the IPCC and their 20 different computer models will add GCR and cloud effects. Until they do we'll continue to see this hype based on computer models that amounts to political propoganda even as the earth continues it's cooling trend.

The popular media never publishes this stuff, thanks John for describing the reality.
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby porthacking » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:26 pm

The popular media rarely EVER report anything that is accurate either way.

At the end of the day, whether humans have contributed to Global Warming or, there is nothing wrong with lowered CO2 output and decreasing pollution. Many natural environments have been destroyed by all types of pollution.

According to a study I read recently, much of LAs pollution floats from halfway across the globe (from Asia). This has been tracked with radioactive isotopes.
Most of Hong Kong's pollution (despite the fact that many of the cars and trucks are diesel powered) comes from across the 'border' in SE China.
porthacking

Postby jclayton » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:25 am

This year in Mallorca it snowed 4 times !! I was driving through a blizzard 2 months ago . A very long , cold winter .
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Return to Social Chatting