1st 013 powder day @ the Beav

Lets see your Posse Pics!

1st 013 powder day @ the Beav

Postby bowlhiker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Great day @ the Beav today.
http://www.heyheyrenee.com/2013/12/04/1st-013-beav-powder-day/

Buncha ski racer types @ the Beav, junking up the place. They're strange. When it snows, they quit. I saw a bunch of them waking around in their snazzy outfits looking fast -- but no ski boots -- on a powder day.

Some Austrians didn't quit, the smart ones. A few from the team were behind us on the chair. When we got off we yelled, "Austria sucks". It was on.

I think they're still talking about how a few hacks and one guy twice their age could beat them down Spider. It wasn't even close. And they had fat skis.

Those Austrians better get used to losing ski races, too. Because the best female skiers in the world are Americans. Mikaela, right here from CO, is going to start winning every race she enters. And Ted is the best GS skier. And Lindsay will be back.

Hope you're getting some, too.
bowlhiker

Re: 1st 013 powder day @ the Beav

Postby Mac » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:49 pm

I was riding up the chair this weekend with an older (60+) Austrian guy. You could tell he was real old school. He complained all the way up that all the skis today were nothing but crap, that they just don't make them like they used to, that the Stockli's were the only ones he could find that didn't flap around like a fish out of water at higher speeds. When we got off the chair, I said to myself that I'm going to watch this guy, because I could probably learn something. Well by the time I got myself together, he was already headed down the hill. And he never turned once, and I watched him till he was out of sight! I guess these Austrians have a different opinion of "higher speeds" than I do!
Mac

Postby geoffda » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:12 pm

bowlhiker wrote:Buncha ski racer types @ the Beav, junking up the place. They're strange. When it snows, they quit. I saw a bunch of them waking around in their snazzy outfits looking fast -- but no ski boots -- on a powder day.

Powder is great and all, but believe it or not, if you have the skills, snapping off turns on hard snow is easily as much fun as skiing powder. Some of us might even say that it is more fun. Sitting in the lodge because it is too soft to run gates might be taking it a bit far, but I can understand the sentiment. Laying them over and slicing the hard pack feels so unbelievably good. Back when had our last big season, I can actually remember being annoyed because it seemed like every night we were picking up 3-6 inches and it seemed like conditions were perpetually soft. I even blew off a 10 inch day because it occurred on a Saturday and sleeping in seemed more fun than battling the hordes. But then Vail got something like 42 inches over two days and we went bell to bell, getting face shots and lapping bottomless blower. At the end of that day I was like, "hard pack is more fun than powder, did I really say that?" :lol: That is what I love about PMTS. It can take you to a level where your turns will always feel good and conditions cease to matter.
geoffda

Postby Max_501 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:52 pm

geoffda wrote:Powder is great and all, but believe it or not, if you have the skills, snapping off turns on hard snow is easily as much fun as skiing powder. Some of us might even say that it is more fun.

Dude, WTF are you smoking? :lol:
Max_501

Postby h.harb » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Powder, Highly over rated!
h.harb

Return to Pictures