New England PMTS Meetup - March 2010

Lets see your Posse Pics!

New England PMTS Meetup - March 2010

Postby dan.boisvert » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:05 pm

Not only did we all show up, but we even had our own HH impersonator! (Alex reports that the uniform is very comfortable, but for some reason he kept telling us to tip more..)

From viewer's right to left: Todd (ToddW), Kristin, Alex, Dave (Skizoo), Mac (Mac), Jim (meput), and Dan (dan.boisvert)

We were a bit worried that there would be rain, but Mother Nature must have heard our concerns, because she held off on the rain and instead supplied us with more classic New England conditions--the firm kind, with a light breeze, occasional piles of frozen granular, and what Alex informed me are called "chickenheads". Due to the rather firm conditions, we stayed on the groomed stuff, and were happy to have gotten a few runs from the summit before they closed the lift for the day due to wind, which was apparently gusting to around 60mph. As hearty Northeasterners, we mostly just noticed that we had to pole and skate to go downhill.

Sadly, my attempts at getting a good photo of a lift-top gaggle of 20 or so skiers leaning into the wind with edges set and poles planted didn't come out well, so feel free to be skeptical of my description above. In fact, if you're considering attending next year, please assume I made this up to conceal the MASSIVE POWDER HARVEST we had and didn't want to share. I guess the only way for you to find out the truth is to show up next year, eh? ;)
dan.boisvert

Re: New England PMTS Meetup - March 2010

Postby meput » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:36 pm

Dan,
Great picture of a great group. With all the Head skis, do you think we could get Head to sponsor any future meetings of the Northeast PMTS Skiers? :lol:

Did skizoo forward the video clip to you? If he did (or Dave, if you read this post), I would love to see it. I have never seen myself ski and would even be willing to have any video clip of me be put up for MA (sight unseen, no matter how embarrassing it might be :oops: ).

Thanks again for the fun event.

Jim
Walk to run. Tip to turn.
meput

Postby dan.boisvert » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:04 pm

meput wrote:With all the Head skis, do you think we could get Head to sponsor any future meetings of the Northeast PMTS Skiers? :lol:

No kidding. They should at least send us free cookies or something. I'll have to work on that for next year. :D

Did skizoo forward the video clip to you? If he did (or Dave, if you read this post), I would love to see it. I have never seen myself ski and would even be willing to have any video clip of me be put up for MA (sight unseen, no matter how embarrassing it might be :oops: ).

Thanks again for the fun event.

I haven't seen the video yet. Given the conditions, you're a brave man to volunteer that video for MA. We'll probably need Dave to dub music in, so you don't just hear "clatter-clatter-clatter-scraaaaaape".

Thanks for coming down! As the one who drove the furthest to attend, I'm especially interested in your feedback in the Posse thread. If you get a free moment, please take a look.

Thanks!

Dan
dan.boisvert

Postby Skizoo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:25 am

meput wrote:

Jim

Hi Jim, I should have the vid clip to Dan next week..(3/22) I need a more powerful computer to process the HD video than I have with me here..

Dave
Skizoo

Postby meput » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Hey Dave,

Thank you for your volunteering to take a video of the NE group. As HH and others have said, "Got video?" Since nobody has ever taken any of me, I always have to say "No" to myself. Hence my my interest in any video that might show me skiing. As I said to Dan (and you), love to see it.

Jim
Walk to run. Tip to turn.
meput

Return to Pictures