Leg and knee angulation, no such thing.

Here are some of the best threads moved here for easier finding. (note - threads here are closed)

Postby dimitri » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:08 pm

John, you wrote
This is when you tip the old outside foot to it's little toe edge near the end of a turn while flexing that leg (the release part of the turn), that strong tipping action of the foot will open up the knees a tad - a slight bow leggedness will appear or can appear.

Is it possible that at this very moment for one tenth of a second the two feet will be both on their LTE?
Thanks in advance,
Dimitri
dimitri

yes

Postby John Mason » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:12 pm

yes - it's the opposite of how most people are at transition. Most people are on both BTE's at the same time and don't ski with a release.

In PMTS the outside leg is released by a combination of flexion and tipping to the LTE. This ends the turn, helps pull the body over to the inside of the new turn.
John Mason

Postby dimitri » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:20 pm

John thanks, it's just in all videos (examining frame by frame) or pictures till now I was able to detect only the moment of both skis being flat on the snow, never both on LTE.
But I take your word for it.
Thanks in advance,
Dimitri
dimitri

Postby dimitri » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:06 pm

Harald, it seems to me that in your new avatar I can distinguish some divergence of your skis. It looks like the tails are a bit closer than the tips. Is this only illusion or the real thing.
Thanks in advance,
Dimitri
dimitri

Postby Harald » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:28 pm

Yes, at times this can happen due to aggressive inside leg bending and inside foot tipping. If the top of the turn has any weighted release with it, this will also engage the inside ski, bringing it into a more advanced carve then the stance ski. I always try to make the inside ski engage with an earlier and bigger tipping angle then the big toe ski. This brings my Cg into the turn early.
"Maximum Skiing information, Minimum BS
Harald

Postby Harald » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:30 pm

The photo makes this slope look flat, as it does in video, the steepness and hardness of the snow is also lost.

This new avatar is about one frame later but it is a differnt turn. Notice how in this photo the outside ski has caught up.
"Maximum Skiing information, Minimum BS
Harald

Postby dimitri » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:30 pm

Thanks, Harald
Dimitri
dimitri

Previous

Return to Classic Threads