Long distance alignment!

Tell about your PMTS camp experience. Find out how to sign up for a camp.

Long distance alignment!

Postby midwif » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:36 pm

I want to publicly thank Joseph for his help this past December. Joseph came to work with my family on their skiing. My husband (known as the reluctant skier) is an excellent athlete overall, but fearful of skiing. He learned to ski at age 50 and is now 62. He only skis to keep me company.

Controlling speed has been the main issue for him. He was very frustrated by the phanton move however. Joseph identifed alignment issues and wrote out a prescription for work on his bootis. I brought them to HH and co. while attending the Jan. All Mtn camp.

Well, my husband skiied this weekend for the first time since the work was done. We worked on little toe edging and traversing. His wedge is almost gone! He told me "I almost enjoyed skiing". This is a far cry from his well known comment at a lift at Alta where he said " If I had to choose between sitting on this lift (no bar) and pins in my eyeballs, I'd choose the pins."

I am dragging him to Park City and vicininty for a week of skiing at the end of the month. We'll see how far PMTS will take him.
THank you Joseph.
Lynn
midwif

Postby Joseph » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:26 pm

Lynn, thanks for the great message. It was a pleasure to ski with you and your family. I have not been disappointed with the trips I have made to PA yet. I am planning to make another trip down that way some time this March. This time for the first time yet I will have a complete mobile shop with the ability to make footbeds, cant boots and fulfill all the alignment services that I can in a shop. I know that there are skiers in that area who have not been able to make it up to New Hampshire--finally they will be able to get Harb Skier Alignment services at their convenience. I hope all is well with you and that you guys got some snow at Elk from the supposed blizzard that left us with less than an inch of snow in northern NH. I'll be in touch in the coming weeks with details as they materialize. Take care, Joseph
Joseph

Postby midwif » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:34 am

Let me know when you're going to be in my neck of the woods. At the very least I want to get your grinder to you.
midwif

Return to PMTS Camps, Find a PMTS Instructor and Related Links