Happy Camper!

Tell about your PMTS camp experience. Find out how to sign up for a camp.

Happy Camper!

Postby patprof » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:27 am

Just came back from the Blue-Dark Blue Camp at Copper Mt. What an experience! You can read all of Harald's books and watch his videos (many, many times, in my case), but there is nothing like skiing with these people live. Had Harald and Bob Hintermeister the first morning--Bob stayed with our group through Wednesday. Then switched coaches the last two days (Maria Fermoile-with our group). The alignment sessions alone are almost worth the price of this camp--very, very thorough. Saw an immediate improvement in my skiing after the alignment was complete. Learned something new and improved my skiing ever single day.
Sat in front of Jack's Place (at the base of Copper) one sunny afternoon- for about an hour. Saw mostly "terminal intermediates", a few good skiers, and some high -speed carvers. In every single case where I said to myself "wow", it was one of the now familiar red and grey- suited PMTS instructors. And, both Harald and Diana I can only describe as phenomenal skiers--every turn-any terrain--any kind of snow!
So, if you haven't been to "Camp" yet--put it on your wish list for next year. You won't regret it.
Pat Ryan
patprof

Postby jclayton » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:38 am

I have to second Patprof's post . I have been reading the books and watching the videos for 3 years before coming to this camp . You simply don't know how much to counter/tip/pull back until they demonstrate in person . As always one feels one is doing it 90% when it is really 30% , once the cues are given and understood there is an immediate step up in ability and awareness .
We had Diana ( eyes of a Lynx , memory of a -- well , rocket scientist ) the first 3 days . I was finally , after years of trying , able to get a feel for correct fore/aft balance and counterbalance . If any of us didn't find this feel she would look for another way to give us a cue . The whole of my group improved a great deal during the week and every day each of us would have some moment of realization .
We had Max Sherwood the next 2 days who gave us a slightly different slant to the same principles and then Harald spent some time with us on Friday which was the "icing on the cake " .
The whole week was incredible and well worth the 20 odd hours flight to and from Mallorca . We all concurred that now we really did get something we could get our teath into and practice during the season . No airyfairy stuff , the real nuts and bolts .
I would say the best ski training in the world .
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Great but we need more info

Postby socaltoco » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:53 pm

How do you get a hold of Bob H? His e-mail under the instructors sections is not valid.

http://fnisdev.com/pmts/screenshot.jpg

Anyone instructors interested in a barter? Pay no attention to the copy, as it is simply placeholder (filler) copy to round off the design.
socaltoco

Postby patprof » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:45 pm

The address I have is:
rah175@juno.com
patprof

Postby socaltoco » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:29 am

That is the e-mail I had as well. It bounced back from the server twice.
socaltoco

What's the problem: go to the source

Postby Harald » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:10 pm

If you call or e-mail http://www.harbskisystems.com we can put you in touch with a PMTS instructor. It is not as diffcult as you are making it.
"Maximum Skiing information, Minimum BS
Harald

Return to PMTS Camps, Find a PMTS Instructor and Related Links