Hintertux Camp - Additional week

Tell about your PMTS camp experience. Find out how to sign up for a camp.

Hintertux Camp - Additional week

Postby southpac » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi,

I'm thinking of enrolling for the 2012 Hintetux camp.

Because I'd be coming all the way from Australia, I would like to ski for at least 2 weeks to make the trip worthwhile.

Where would you suggest I look at going to for the additional week?

Would you get bored skiing on the glacier for 2 weeks?

Should I just try and book into the Hintertuxhof (same hotel as the camp) for the 4 days before and after the camp?

Thanks,
southpac

Re: Hintertux Camp - Additional week

Postby oggy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi southpac,

I haven't been to Hintertux, so I can't tell if you'd be bored spending two weeks there, but Tyrol in general is chock-full of ski resorts. Zillertal arena is in front of your nose, and virtually any road you take will lead you to some famous resort. So depending on your preferences, renting a car might be an interesting option, I think you can also find ski passes which cover the whole region, and with the right choice of lodging, you could have tons of resorts within an 1hr drive range.

The only limiting factor might be the time of the year (if I'm not mistaken, the camp takes place in April or May), so you might want to look in the general direction of west, where the likes of Stubai, Soelden or Pitztaler Gletscher lie. Head over to bergfex.com for a list of resorts, that should keep you busy for a while...
oggy

Return to PMTS Camps, Find a PMTS Instructor and Related Links