Just Wanted to Say Thanks to Rich Messer

Tell about your PMTS camp experience. Find out how to sign up for a camp.

Just Wanted to Say Thanks to Rich Messer

Postby Smackboy1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:01 pm

I've been studying Harald's materials for several years and it's uniformly excellent - head and shoulders better than anything else out there. But for me it was really difficult to translate the techniques from the written page and screen to the slopes. Unfortunately, I didn't know any PMTS skiers, nor did I have anyone to help observe me or shoot video skiing. I wish there were more PMTS instructors here in the NE/Mid Atlantic. I think the beauty of PMTS is in the distillation of expert skiing into the simplest and most efficient movements. The problem is I wasn't doing the movements accurately and in the correct sequence, so it didn't work too well.

Luckily, I was finally able to make it to Summit County, CO a few weeks ago and get some much needed coaching from Rich. It wasn't easy and it felt completely different from the way I usually ski, but he completely overhauled the way I ski for the better in 2 days. I knew how I needed to move and with the instantaneous feedback and corrections, fixing bad habits was much much easier. I recommend anyone who wants to make big improvements in their skiing to study all the materials, but also make it a priority to seek out a PMTS instructor.
Skiing: falling down the mountain with style.
Smackboy1

Return to PMTS Camps, Find a PMTS Instructor and Related Links