PMTS in Japan or NZ

Tell about your PMTS camp experience. Find out how to sign up for a camp.

PMTS in Japan or NZ

Postby Japow » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi,

So I actually started reading about PMTS from Epic, coming from the a traditional ski instructing background (NZSIA + PSIA) I obviously don't feel too comfortable with the 'other instructing style' bashing that goes on with PMTS, but I am intrigued enough to want to go ski with someone with a PMTS background. I work in Niseko at the moment and will probably be back at Remarkables in the NZ winter. Any PMTS trainers around?

I think I may have taken a clinic with a PMTS guy at Winter Park a few seasons back (I didn't really know what PMTS was then so can't be sure), in fact the way they teach there sounds kind of similar to PMTS at times, Bob doesn't seem to like vertical extension at any time, though a lot of rotary skils are taught in the bumps.

Cheers

James
Japow

Re: PMTS in Japan or NZ

Postby h.harb » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi James, we'd be glad to help you get into what PMTS is about. The PMTS that you may have heard about at WP is totally different from what we do. I think you'll be truly astonished when you see how it really works. Try to contact Jay Perterson or Skiersynergy, he is coming to New Zealand this summer.
h.harb

Postby Japow » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:16 pm

Thanks for the quick response, I'll PM Jay when I know where I'll be and when. Any idea which mountain he will based at?
Japow

Postby MonsterMan » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Hi Japow,

see if you can talk Jay into coming up to Niseko next season! I've tried but failed.
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby h.harb » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:19 pm

That's off the grid isn't it?
h.harb

Return to PMTS Camps, Find a PMTS Instructor and Related Links