PMTS instructors/practitioneers at Bear Valley, CA?

Tell about your PMTS camp experience. Find out how to sign up for a camp.

PMTS instructors/practitioneers at Bear Valley, CA?

Postby calmman » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:05 pm

Hi,

This year I invested a lot of money in skiing equipment and finally decided to learn how to ski, this is my 4th season of skiing but first "real" one. I spent a lot of time reading the web and gathering information and that's how I found epicski.com and from there I found out about PMTS and after a lot of thinking decided to give it a try, especially since it was the only system that came out as solid and had books and videos. I bought 3 books (ACBAES 1 and 2 and Essentials) and I've been reading them and practicing exersizes.

This season I ski at least once every weekend (both days every other weekend) in Bear Valley and yesterday while I was riding on a chair I saw a patroller who I swear was sporting Head Supershapes and was looking very PMTS like. At least that's what both me and my wife noticed right away so I wonder if there are other PMTSers who are skiing at BearValley. I spoke to one patrol lady a month ago and she indeed heard about HH and PMTS and told me that a couple of their patrollers/instructors where to attend Jan 2nd PMTS camp so here's the hope.

Thanks,
Calmman

PS. While I can ski every black diamond in Bear Valley my technique is definitely lacking so bad that I'm ashamed to post my videos for MA. Just yet.

PPS. I have donated ACBAES 1 and 2 to BV ski team coaches so other mountains watch out :)
calmman

Postby Ken » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:58 pm

Two Bear Valley guys were at the camp...Mike and...?

Contact Maria Fermoille, http://theskiwizard.com/, for PMTS coaching in your area. She's booked for this year, but contact her now about next year, or a possible cancellation this year.

Ken
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Postby calmman » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:28 pm

oh wow, thanks!

do you happen to know Mike's last name or may be you can describe what he looks like (perhaps in PM?) I know a couple of coaches/instructors with name Mike there but I do not think either of them were there....
calmman

Postby Hugo » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:02 pm

8 of the BV volunteer patrollers went to the Jan All Mtn camp. Much fun and learning was had by all. I was fun to ski with Ken, Hobbit, all the other students, and of course all the great PMTS instructors. I'll PM calmman. There aren't any PMTS instructors @ BV; Maria is the closest currently available. We heard from Rich that another instructor just moved to the Bay Area, but may not be instructing this season. You can get info from Chris at the Harb shop if you want to connect with this recent addition to CA instructors.
Hugo

Return to PMTS Camps, Find a PMTS Instructor and Related Links