Accomodation for A-basin camps

Tell about your PMTS camp experience. Find out how to sign up for a camp.

Accomodation for A-basin camps

Postby Sidney » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:57 pm

For those enrolled in the a-basin camp or have previously gone to one, where are you / did you stay?

I'd like to come to the a-basin camp in feb/mar 07 but it depends a few things (accomodation being one of them). I'm looking for accomodation options which include the free shuttle transfers but there dont seem to be many around.
Sidney

Postby Hobbit » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:14 am

The only shuttle I've seen is the one that goes between A-Basin and Keystone. You can find the route info at Summit Stage.
Hobbit
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:08 pm

Getting around pretty much requires a rental car. The bus to A-Basin may get you late there in the morning. You may be able to hook up with another camp attendee and ride with them. The shuttle from DEN to Summit County each way is about the cost of one day's car rental, so it isn't a huge savings. I was at the A-Basin camp last January, one skier needed the bus from Keystone to A-Basin, and was sometimes late until another attendee learned about him and gave him rides.

You may want to make a trip to Harald's shop after skiing for boot work, and that also requires a car or a ride share.

Ken
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Postby Sidney » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:50 pm

Thanks for the responses.
Sidney

Postby SLAVA » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:37 pm

I was at A-Basin camp 3 years ago and did not have rental car.
From airport I took shuttle at that time round trip was $110

I was staying at Key Stone and use their free bus to A-basin never had a problem or was late.

Only hassle is go some where else (if you want to) beside Keystone
Ones I used free bus to get to grocery store it took me overall 1.5 hour with waiting times ( I did it after 6 pm)
DOCENDO DISCIMUS.
SLAVA

Return to PMTS Camps, Find a PMTS Instructor and Related Links