Forum Login Fixed - New User Procedure - Classic Threads

Forum Login Fixed - New User Procedure - Classic Threads

Postby John Mason » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:14 am

The Forum Login problem has been fixed.

New Users will get a confirmation e-mail sent to the e-mail address they registered with. The will need to confirm the e-mail to activate their account in order to post.

This will eliminate the 'bot's from hacking in and posting about their winsocks and proxy servers or whatever else.

Classic Threads - please PM me if you would like a especially informative thread retired here. Note, threads in the Classic Thread area cannot be updated.
John Mason

well done

Postby rbrooks » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:36 pm

John, you are a wise young man. Saving those threads will also give new browsers a quick way to learn the esoterica of PMTS, and give us oldies a way to refresh.

BTW, I thought "Bricklayer" would have been a good name.

Randy
rbrooks

thanks rbrooks

Postby John Mason » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:44 pm

Hmmm - "wise young man" - I'll take whatever verbage worded like that I can get.

Bricklayer? Name for a forum section or a handle for me?

Thanks
John Mason

your handle

Postby rbrooks » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:48 pm

How quickly we forget? Don't you remember when SCSA was handing them out right and left?

Oh, I have 218 pages of old posts saved. It might be easier to delete the unwanted threads than save the good ones.

Randy
rbrooks

Ah yes - SCSA did that

Postby John Mason » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:30 pm

I forgot that. Pruning is still turned off on the forum. Unless Peter turns it on, the threads aren't going anywhere.
John Mason

Postby NoCleverName » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:03 am

I not sure what you mean by "login fixed" since I always have to log in twice to be seen (Netscape 7.2). The first login does seem to name me on the "who's logged in" line, but I'm still not fully on (no posting accepted, etc.).
NoCleverName

try this

Postby John Mason » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:04 pm

yeah - I noticed that

we pulled it over to my server for a test and the multiple login problem went away

there was an actual dns entry mistake in the php software we corrected which helped on where this is hosted, but I noticed it still happens if you just pick the login button.

But, if you hit the login to check messages or try to post and login in as part of that process the single login always works in my testing.

The solution to fix it in all cases is to move it. Though the other two ways of loggin seem to be working correctly. Do those ways work ok in netscape for you?
John Mason

Return to Forum News - Feedback