Forum ease of use suggestions

Forum ease of use suggestions

Postby fredm8 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:56 am

Hi guys,
A couple of suggestions from a long time IT person, and short time lurker in the forum.

My suggestions have come from trying to read through the forum in detail, having only discovered PMTS in the last 3 months.

1. Make viewing a forum, allow the forum threads sortable on the headings of Replies, Views, Author, Last Post. This will let someone (me) list up the threads by most / least popular.

2. When scrolling through all the pages, 23 & counting, the only way to go back is the previous button in the browser, as clicking back to the forum puts you back on the FIRST page, not the 11th or 17th page. Frustrating. Can this be fixed... ?
Douglas

From the land of the long white cloud, a land down under.
fredm8

that would be nice but

Postby John Mason » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:36 pm

those are nice suggestion, but the forum software is a free PHP software provided by the hosting service. Thus our ablity to customize the interface is very limited.
John Mason

Postby fredm8 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:53 pm

I'm making an assumption (we all know that means to make an ass out of u & me) but
the skiforms.org site looks similar, with a different skin, and provides the ability to sort threads based upon Author, Replies, Views & Last Post.....
Just wondering if it is the same software.

As for the backing out of the middle of lots of pages question, if it is a coding problem, then I guess we are stuck with the current solution.

Ta
Douglas

From the land of the long white cloud, a land down under.
fredm8

Return to Forum News - Feedback