Mt Bachelor?

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

Mt Bachelor?

Postby Max_501 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:10 pm

Any other PMTSers ski Mt Bachelor?
Max_501

Postby Maddog » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:52 pm

Max_501, I ski quite a bit over at Bachelor. Caveat, I am a completely untrained skier with 30+ years of skiing under my belt. I am always willing to ski with anyone, even if they have taken lessons. :lol:

Ciao,

Mark
Ski hard, have fun, sleep well. Repeat as necessary.
Maddog

Postby joey » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:40 am

I hang at Mt.Flachelor :wink: 2-3 days a week. Give us a shout when your about. PS-I just ski no-school.
joey

Postby Maddog » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:22 pm

We go Thursday and ski Friday through Monday (Presidents weekend). We are in the Sportscoach motorhome in the main parking lot. Radios are at 19 sub 19, just ask for Maddog and with a family I don't get first chair so try me around 10 am. Thats when I put my daughter in lessons and I am free to ski the big kids area. Heh.

Mark
Maddog

Postby joey » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:44 pm

Yo maddog.......I don't use electronic gear,so how about 10AM or so Friday @ the ski corral in front of West Village. I'll be the guy w/ my pants on fire. :lol:
joey

Postby Maddog » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:35 am

Nothing like flaming pants for a visual. 10 am should be fine (remember I will be putting my girl in ski school so there may be a bit of delay getting the name in, but I try to get their early to avoid these problems).

Red rep jacket (Dynastar, Lange, Look) black pants (no flames), Lange 120 boots, silver bonnet.

Mark
Maddog

Postby joey » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:11 am

Red & Black.........I'll hang till you show. Atomics w/ da flame pants, yeah the slowboarders like'm. :oops: Have a safe trip over the hill.
joey

Postby joey » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:40 pm

Can't make it Friday............damn job. However, how about 10AM same place Sunday?
joey

Postby Maddog » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:45 pm

Daughter has decided to stay with Grandparents so why don't we meet up on the Outback lift bottom (loading) station about 10 am on Sunday. We usually ski Outback or Northwest and the lines should be better over there. Same gear as I described before and I don't know if I will have a computer over there so changes might be dicey. Remember Sportscoach motorchalet in the main parking lot skiers left of the Guest Services Building (if you get there early and are walking by just knock).

See Ya,

Mark
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:15 pm

Well thanks for playing! And good meeting you. I looked for you friday after we got on the hill but I didn't spot you on Pine Martin or Outback.

On Sunday I blew out my right ACL so I skied down to patrol and had the doc confirm the self-diagnosis. Arrrrrrrgh.

Hope you had fun!!

Mark
Maddog

Postby joey » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:02 pm

Sorry to hear that Mark. Will you be able to ski this season or wait till next year?
joey

Postby Maddog » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:49 pm

I don't know. I have a 5 year old to ski with so I might just spent the remainder of this season skiing with her every day and then do the surgery sometime after the season.

First thing is to get the swelling down and evaluate how unstable the knee is. I am in good shape, so that should help and skiing with a 5 year old should just be good family fun.

I already knew (years ago who my ACL doc would be and that I wanted the Alograph not an Autograph). The MRI showed an add on and small miniscus tear but I knew that from how my knee had some minor swelling for tha last few years.

Looks like a clean and simple surgery, now I just have to find the time to be crippled for a couple of weeks.

Mark
Maddog

Postby joey » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:53 am

Next time I'm up I'll look for your motorhome. Maybe wrap it if you do get on the skis. Hope to see you up there again.
joey

Return to Posse