solo lodging at SLC Resorts?

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

solo lodging at SLC Resorts?

Postby scottpetill » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:14 pm

I will be in the SLC area dec. 14-19 skiing solo at Solitude and Alta/SnowBird.

I'm having trouble finding lodging at these resorts for one person as most are based on double occupancy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for on-resort lodging for one (budget is around $75 per, w/o lifts)?

Thanks in advance,
-scott
scottpetill

RE: solo lodging at SLC Resorts?

Postby scottpetill » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:17 pm

In addition, if anyone can reccomend an off-resort lodge (5-10 min. shuttle ride) that are very close to either canyon (not in the city), I would appreciate it.

thanks
-scott
scottpetill

Postby DVLocal » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:52 am

Housing at the Cottonwood Canyon resorts is either at the resort or in Salt Lake City. There is a 10+ mile drive up the canyon which is unbuildable for housing. Closest parts of Salt Lake City are Murray, Sandy and Cottonwood. That is why you are having problems finding nearby housing.

There is a bus that goes up the canyon - $3, but the ticket you can buy at most of the hotels may include the bus ticket. The drive up can require snow tires and 4 wheel drive.

If weather is bad, the road can close for avalance control. Locals go to the Park City resorts when this happens - Deer Valley, Park City and Canyons.
DVLocal

Postby Billy Dee NJ » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:10 am

I stayed at a Solitude condo for a week last December but only because I found an unbeatable deal on ebay, $400 for 7 nights. Nice place but absolutely dead boring at night unless all you're gonna do is sleep.
On another trip I stayed a hotel in Sandy for about $50 a night and it gave me the option to take the bus up the canyon if needed.

Search on Expedia or whatever you're favorite travel sight is and you'll find great hotel deals. Anything in Sandy is only about 25-30 mins to Solitude/Brighton and just about 10 mins more to Alta/Bird.

If you need discounted lift tix try Canyon Sports.

Good luck.
Billy Dee NJ

Return to Posse