Any Weekday New England PMTS Skiers?

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

Any Weekday New England PMTS Skiers?

Postby dtrick924 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:38 am

Any weekday New England PMTS skiers? I'm looking for people to ski with on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays. I regularly ski Okemo and Bromley in VT, Mt. Sunapee in NH and Berkshire East in MA. I have a video camera and would be glad to take video.
dtrick924

Re: Any Weekday New England PMTS Skiers?

Postby DougD » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:17 am

Wish I could get away more weekdays, but work is busy. We ski Berkshire East often. It's our go-to day trip, since it has one of the best, least crowded and safest slopes for practicing drills in New England. We'll probably be there tomorrow.
DougD

Postby Bun-chan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:05 pm

I wish I had seen your thread earlier this past season. I live in CT and ski weekdays at Ski Butternut. I probably do the same thing next season. I want to compare notes with PMTS skiers who ski in Berkshire area.
Bun-chan

Postby dtrick924 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:24 am

Bun-chan, sadly, Butternut is almost 2 hours away for me. Hope you have some luck finding a posse there.
dtrick924

Postby Bun-chan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:13 pm

dtrick924 wrote:Bun-chan, sadly, Butternut is almost 2 hours away for me. Hope you have some luck finding a posse there.

dtrick924, too bad. In any case, enjoy the next season. I hope we'll get a lot of snow. Thanks for your response.
Bun-chan

Postby Lester » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:41 am

Hi, Bun-chan, I ski Catamount which is close to Butternut. It would be a pleasure to meet and ski with another PMTS skier , either at Catamount or Butternut.
Lester

Postby Bun-chan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:37 am

Lester wrote:Hi, Bun-chan, I ski Catamount which is close to Butternut. It would be a pleasure to meet and ski with another PMTS skier , either at Catamount or Butternut.

Hi Lester,
Great! Let me send you my contact info privately. I guess there is a private messaging function somewhere here, but have to figure out how to do it.

BTW, a week ago, I had a serious Rollerblade accident and dislocated/fractured my right shoulder. I was told 6 months, so should be ready for the ski season, if everything goes well.
Bun-chan

Postby l2ski » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi Lester,

Catamount is not too far from me; it's about 2:15 drive but I've never been.
If it's worth the drive it would be great to meet up and compare notes / take video.
l2ski

Postby Lester » Thu May 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Bun-chan wrote:BTW, a week ago, I had a serious Rollerblade accident and dislocated/fractured my right shoulder. I was told 6 months, so should be ready for the ski season, if everything goes well.

Hi Bun-chan, I hope you get well soon and will be ready for next ski season.

l2ski wrote:Catamount is not too far from me; it's about 2:15 drive but I've never been.
If it's worth the drive it would be great to meet up and compare notes / take video.

Hi l2ski, I ski Catamount for last few years after skiing Hunter, Windham and some other resorts. If you can ski on weekdays as me it is a great place to ski, just few people there and they take good care of the trails. Hope to meet you there next season.
Lester

Postby l2ski » Sat May 05, 2018 5:49 am

Lester wrote:Hi l2ski, I ski Catamount for last few years after skiing Hunter, Windham and some other resorts. If you can ski on weekdays as me it is a great place to ski, just few people there and they take good care of the trails. Hope to meet you there next season.

I am also able to ski on a weekday mornings often enough throughout the season. I'll PM you next season.
l2ski

Postby Bun-chan » Sat May 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Lester, thank you for your kind word. Yesterday, my doc and I agreed and decided not to do operation, so I hope my recovery will be shorter.

BTW, I never skied at Catamount, but it's not that far away from Butternut. For me, maybe a little more driving, but I definitely want to get together next season. It's good to know that there are PMTS enthusiasts in our area!

I2ski, I hope you can join too.
Bun-chan

Postby Basil j » Thu May 10, 2018 12:41 pm

I ski Cannon NH every weekend. Both my kids race train, one in the Franconia Ski club program, one in the Cannon race prep program. If you are ever up that way during the winter, PM me. Berkshires is over a 2 hr drive for me. NH and VT are easier
Basil j

Postby Bun-chan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:35 pm

I ski at Butternut mostly during weekdays. If anyone who is interested in comparing notes, shooting photos/videos each other, discuss, etc., please let me know!
Bun-chan

Postby skifastDDS » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:07 am

I ski some selected weekdays at Wachusett or places on the Ikon pass. I was at Stratton this past Tuesday and saw someone at the ski racks with HSS straps and Head iSLs, turned out he had just been to a camp. I'd love to get video [or shoot for someone] and make some turns with PMTS folks.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
-Robert Frost, "The Road Not Taken"
skifastDDS

Postby Obrules15 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:48 pm

skifastDDS wrote:I ski some selected weekdays at Wachusett or places on the Ikon pass. I was at Stratton this past Tuesday and saw someone at the ski racks with HSS straps and Head iSLs, turned out he had just been to a camp. I'd love to get video [or shoot for someone] and make some turns with PMTS folks.

I'll be at Wachusett the week of Feb 2nd.
Obrules15

Next

Return to Posse