PMTS Killington December 2015

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

Re: PMTS Killington December 2015

Postby Skibunny73 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:55 am

Are there any PMTS ladies out there that want to ski at Killington in December? If so, I would love to ski with you.
Skibunny73

Postby dan.boisvert » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:38 pm

If you can bring the disguise on that Tuesday, Todd, that'd be ideal. I just got the dates for my December Jay trip, and I'll be there that Wed-Sun, so a Tuesday at Killington on the way up seems like a good way to break up the drive. I look forward to seeing you all!
dan.boisvert

Postby DougD » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:44 pm

Todd,

How about a disguise that would let Dan join Skibunny73's group?!
DougD

Postby ToddW » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:49 pm

Hmmm. That's a worthy challenge, turning Dan with his build into a semi curvaceous figure. Do the alterations have to be reversible, or can they endure indefinitely? It's for a good cause though and perhaps Red.Kate will serve as a consultant.

The easy way out is to give him a baggy burlap sack dress for over his drabbest set of ski clothes. There are many skiers at K from a religious group that expects its women to wear dresses, and burlap overdresses allow them to ski within their tradition. Throw in a burlap bonnet and Danielle would be styling!
ToddW

Postby dan.boisvert » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:47 pm

Works for me! All consultants would be welcome; it's been a long time since I've worn a dress. I'll text Red.Kate and request her assistance. My boots are white and helmet black, so matching should be easy enough. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :D
dan.boisvert

anyone skiing Sunday at K? Re: PMTS Killington December 2015

Postby ToddW » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:47 pm

Are any season pass holders planning to be at Killington for Sunday's passholder appreciation opening day? I may be there. Let me know if you want to connect. (It's early season, so hiking back up to the Peak Lodge at the end of the day from the top of the Northridge Triple on the "stairway to heaven" is required.)

I was planning to ski next weekend at A-Basin before the alignment training course, but it looks like there won't be any snow. Thank goodness Vermont is getting some cold weather!

K opens Sunday Oct. 18 at noon for season passholders and on Monday at 9 AM for the general public.
ToddW

Postby DougD » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:45 am

Snow showers RIGHT NOW at my home in CT... and all across northern NY and New England!
DougD

Postby skijim13 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:05 am

Doug, if you have them bring thin sticks for working on pole use. This a great video, we worked on some of this at Superblue camp. We purchased three green sticks and put bright red tape in the center we also use it in the tipping board training.

skijim13

Postby DougD » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:31 pm

Jim,

We use 48" x 0.25" orange fiberglass stakes. Normally use them to mark our driveway edges in the winter (to keep the snowblower/plow off my lawn), but they're perfect for this.

The bigger question - unfortunately - is whether we'll make it there at all. Major changes at work (merger/takeover) will dramatically increase my workload in the next few months. I've already spent goodwill to get time for Short Turns Camp in Nov. Requesting more days in Dec at the moment might be a poor career move. Playing it by ear... :cry:
DougD

Postby Doghouse » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:10 pm

Hi all,
I got up to K-town today for the morning. Beautiful day - bluebird sky no wind and comfortable temps! Snow conditions were surprisingly good for early season given the fact that we've had some pretty mild weather with some rain the past couple of weeks. Had to ski through snow guns most of the morning but it was nice to see the Killington snow makers giving love to the three open trails! As of today, you could ski to Rime, Reason and Upper East Fall from the gondola but you had to hike back on the scenic peak walkway. Not a bad walk at all - took less than 10 minutes and that's with stopping to take pics. Hopefully, they'll get top to bottom skiing soon.
I'm hoping to meet up with some of you guys in December. I should be able to get up there one day that week. Looking forward to it!
Doghouse

Postby skijim13 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:53 am

Great hope to get to ski with you as time gets closer I will post were we will meet. My wife Lorie also a PMTS follower and Jeff a friend I have been teaching PMTS will be skiing up there with us, we will be skiing for five days starting on Tuesday December 14.

Jim
skijim13

Postby skijim13 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:38 am

Anyone planning on skiing with us in Killington we will start skiing from the Snowshed on December 15, and plan on being in the upper lodge each day on second floor near the food court, please contact me and we will tell you how to find us, I will be bringing video equipment. Hope we get cold weather.
skijim13

Postby skijim13 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:38 am

Anyone planning on skiing with us in Killington we will start skiing from the Snowshed on December 15, and plan on being in the upper lodge each day on second floor near the food court, please contact me and we will tell you how to find us, I will be bringing video equipment. Hope we get cold weather.
skijim13

Postby FHooper » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:22 pm

I plan to join you on the 15th for four days, if my legs last. You can reach me at fahooper at gmail.com.
Fred
FHooper

Location: Rhode Island, mostly ski Wachussetts, Okemo & Sunape

Postby DougD » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:40 pm

NEWS FLASH!!! This just in (15 minutes ago). Killington expands to 22 trails, Superstar Quad now open, Skye Lark open top to bottom. If you can't think snow, at least think COLD!
DougD

PreviousNext

Return to Posse