PMTS Killington December 2015

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

PMTS Killington December 2015

Postby skijim13 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:35 am

Anyone interested in skiing with Lorie and I. We will be at our annual trip to Killington on Tuesday December 15 until Saturday December 19. We will have our video cameras with us and will be working on our PMTS skiing. Last year we were at the Superblue camp in January and will be attending the Short turn Camp in January 2016 this year. Hope to see some of the people from last year and some new people this year. Our friend Jeff is comming this year who skis with up at Blue mountain and is learning PMTS for the past year, and trains with Lorie and I at Blue.
Jim
skijim13

Re: PMTS Killington December 2015

Postby DougD » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:45 am

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the early heads up. Michael and I will try to meet you at least some of those days. He attended Green/Blue Camp last season and has seen dramatic improvements. I'll be fresh out of Short Turns Camp 1 just a few weeks before your Killington dates, so anticipate some dramatic disintegration! :lol:

Think snow!
DougD

Postby FHooper » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi Jim,

I'd like to join you too, and possibly my brother-in-law, John. We took the Blue/Dark Blue course last December. Knowing almost nothing about PMTS we struggled in one of the lower groups. I didn't put it together until the run down after the final videoing - with Bob behind me saying "Turn!" more frequently than I was really comfortable with. It felt great and I spent the rest of last season trying to recreate it, which I'll continue this year.

Thank you for the general invitation.

Fred Hooper
FHooper

Location: Rhode Island, mostly ski Wachussetts, Okemo & Sunape

Postby skijim13 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:13 am

Anyone skiing with us during the week of December 15-19, you can get K discount tickets from Killington which are good for the whole year. We will be bringing video equipment for the team to work on our movement analysis to enable us to improve our skiing. I have been working year round on studying PMTS and Lorie and I will be going to the January Short turn camp. Lets see if we can help each other find the Single Most Important Movement, That Will Make The Greatest Postive Impact On Our Skiing. Last season after camp I was working on flexing into my turns and holding my CA until I got onto my new LTE.

Jim

Hope to see some new friends as well as old.
skijim13

Postby Max_501 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:59 pm

Where do you guys stay when skiing Killington?
Max_501

Postby DougD » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:35 am

Max,

There are many lodging options in/near Killington. We like to stay near the lifts.

The closest, nicest, newest (and most expensive) is the Killington Grand Resort Hotel. It's almost ski in/out, and pretty nice. Has both hotel style rooms and condo units.

There are also condos/lodges within a 10 minute walk or a 5 minute (free) shuttle ride. Some are pretty nice, others are older & less luxurious but perfectly acceptable to cook and crash. Mountain Green Resort (condos) is on the nicer side. Cascades Lodge (hotel style rooms) is more basic. Both have on site bars/restaurants for a beer or if you don't feel like cooking. We've stayed in both and would do again.

Going down the access road, the options are virtually unlimited. From luxury homes to quaint and cosy VT bed & breakfast inns to bargain ski lodges and motels. Many of the lodges/motels have a free shuttle to the slopes (but ask).

Would love to meet/ski with you if you ever come East.
DougD

Postby skijim13 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:03 am

Max,
We stay at the Pinnacle Condos right near Snowshed Lodge,. Last year 90% of the mountain was open the week we stayed (week before Christmas). Max if you are thinking of comming up that week private message me and I will tell you how I got a reduced rate for the week we are staying.
skijim13

Postby skifastDDS » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:33 pm

Mountain Sports Inn is a good budget option on the access road. I've stayed there multiple times and had good experiences.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
-Robert Frost, "The Road Not Taken"
skifastDDS

Postby DougD » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:39 am

skifastDDS wrote:Mountain Sports Inn is a good budget option on the access road. I've stayed there multiple times and had good experiences.

Agreed.

Greg, hope you can join us again this year
DougD

Postby skijim13 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:41 am

Hope to see everyone from last year and more new faces. After camp last year I am even more into PMTS. I learned a great deal and have been studying and doing dryland training all summer. Todd and Greg, hope both of you can make it also.
skijim13

Postby ToddW » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:53 pm

I hope to be there a couple days, probably early in the week.
ToddW

Postby Mac » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Mountain Sports Inn, no question. Best bang for the buck on the access road. Also the best vibe and source for insider info on the mountain. And if you're very lucky, the owner just might come out and go for a slide with you.
Mac

Postby dan.boisvert » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:16 pm

I may be able to join you guys for this one this year. If you'd rather not have me, I'd understand; Todd can tell you about the luck I have with Killington and the crowds that always seem to show up when I do..
dan.boisvert

Postby Mac » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:01 pm

When the crowds show up, don't be shy about heading over to Pico. A great mountain in it's own right, especially when the natural snow trails are open. When they've got snow, I actually prefer to ski there over Killington. I've gotten fresh tracks over there at 11 am on a Saturday morning. Can't figure out why more people don't ski there. Must have something to do with snob appeal. I suppose no one wants to go to the office on Monday morning and say they drove 5 hours to ski at Pico when they could say that they skied at Killington.
Mac

Postby ToddW » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Dan,

Not a problem. We'll bring a disguise for you and advertise that you'll be skiing elsewhere to keep your fans and the paparazzi from mobbing us. :mrgreen:

That week is usually pretty empty. That's why they hold an instructors clinic then ... empty slopes and empty hotel rooms.
ToddW

Next

Return to Posse