2012/2013 Northeast PMTS Meetup

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

Re: 2012/2013 Northeast PMTS Meetup

Postby ToddW » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:54 pm

Does anyone know how Sugarbush's recovery from last week's thaw is proceeding? Good skis or rock skis? Here's hoping that Friday's storm delivers!
ToddW

Postby dan.boisvert » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:57 pm

ToddW wrote:Does anyone know how Sugarbush's recovery from last week's thaw is proceeding? Good skis or rock skis? Here's hoping that Friday's storm delivers!

Their snow report says 4" since Sunday, with more predicted for this evening. I know people who ski up there a lot who haven't complained loudly enough for me to hear it, so I'm tentatively hopeful.

Good skis or rock skis? YES.

I'm bringing SS Magnums (my rock skis), iM78's, and i.SL RD's. All are sharp enough to cut myself on, to maximize the likelihood of us seeing soft snow.

Sharpen your skis, people! If you show up with dull skis, Murphy's Law will guarantee us boilerplate. If somebody wants to take one for the team and leave his shiny new powder skis at home, that should help encourage results from Friday's storm, too.. :D
dan.boisvert

Postby ToddW » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:50 am

Hmmm .... Dan and I both have 303 mm BSL. It's so thoughtful of him to bring a large quiver :D

I'm looking forward to skiing with old friends and making new PMTS friends. See you all this weekend!
ToddW

Postby meput » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:05 pm

dan.boisvert wrote:If somebody wants to take one for the team and leave his shiny new powder skis at home, that should help encourage results from Friday's storm, too.. :D

I am taking one for the team re: shiny new powder skis. I just got a new pair of Head Rock n Roll's that are currently hanging on the ski rack at the 'loaf. They are going to stay there since getting them is 2 1/2 hrs the wrong direction. If we get snowmageddon, the iM 78's will have to do. :twisted:

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.
Walk to run. Tip to turn.
meput

Postby dan.boisvert » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:13 pm

You're welcome, Todd--and thank you, Jim!

So, I know we're not usually a first-chair crowd, but the inn's normal full breakfast is from 8-9. They've agreed to have selections (but not a full breakfast) available for us Saturday around 7. I figured I wouldn't be the only one who'd want to get to the hill early on Saturday, with the way the forecast is shaping up.. :mrgreen:

I look forward to seeing everybody!
dan.boisvert

Postby ilh » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:40 am

I'm leaving Fri morning instead of Fri evening because it sounds like roads could be quite bad.

--Lee
ilh

Postby ToddW » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:40 am

Dan,

Good call on breakfast and many thanks to our hostess for accommodating a possible snowmageddon.

I'm also trying to head up early, although I probably will have to find a place with wifi and work rather than ski on Friday afternoon.
ToddW

Postby arothafel » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:40 am

Wow... what timing....

Did you guys even make it up there..??
arothafel

Postby HighAngles » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:17 pm

No kidding - you couldn't have planned this one better if you tried. Eagerly waiting for reports...
HighAngles

Postby dan.boisvert » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:16 pm

We cancelled due to too much snow; we're rescheduling for next month and hoping for more regionally-appropriate conditions (ie, boilerplate).

:lol:

We all ditched work Friday and made sure we got to VT before the storm, talked the hostess at the inn into getting us an extra-early breakfast, and got to the mountain pretty promptly Saturday morning. Despite all the roads in MA being closed, there was still enough of a crowd to track it out pretty well by a few runs in, but we were all smiling. Our beginner seemed happy to get to take a couple runs to warm up while we chased the snow, too.

They groomed most of it out Saturday night, and we had pretty great groomer conditions today. A lot of the stuff they didn't groom had gotten scraped down to grass/rock in spots, so we were careful about where we skied.

Great people, great skiing, and GREAT food at the inn--I still can't get over how good those breakfasts & drinks were..

Next year, we're going to Maine. Resorts will likely be Sugarloaf and Saddleback. :D
dan.boisvert

Postby meput » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Once again, great weekend with good conditions, great food and wonderful people.

Now about next yr, do you think people will want regular lobsters or bacon lobsters? :lol:

Thank you Dan for doing the leg work and making these events happen.
meput

Postby ilh » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Yes, was great to meet and ski with a great crew. We had a great time skiing and eating.

Those would have to be bacon infused lobsters! :lol:
ilh

Postby Red.Kate » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:49 am

meput wrote:Now about next yr, do you think people will want regular lobsters or bacon lobsters? :lol:

Yes.

The token beginner for this year had a great time! Thanks, everyone, for a great experience.
Thanks also to Todd, who introduced me to my hamstrings and gave me enough to think about/practice for quite a while.

For next year, I will bring brownies. Which variety would you like? Plain chocolate, chocolate chip espresso, orange chocolate, peppermint or bacon?
Red.Kate

Postby meput » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:52 am

Red.Kate wrote:For next year, I will bring brownies. Which variety would you like? Plain chocolate, chocolate chip espresso, orange chocolate, peppermint or bacon?

Yes. But, I do not do ski tuning for cookies. :mrgreen:
meput

Postby Red.Kate » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:18 am

For enough lobster (and very possibly bacon lobster), I might offer to tune YOUR skis. :)
Red.Kate

PreviousNext

Return to Posse