2011/2012 Northeast PMTS Meetup

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

2011/2012 Northeast PMTS Meetup

Postby dan.boisvert » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:50 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(All information in this post is now final)

When: February 4/5(6), 2012
Where: Mad River Valley, VT (resort is Sugarbush Sat/Sun, with an option of Mad River Glen Monday, for those interested in a third day)
Who's Invited: Forum posters, spouses, kids, friends, dogs, goldfish. Everybody's friendly and last year's event wasn't a catastrophe, so feel free to bring PMTS-curious folks this year.
Admission Fee: $0

Lodging info:
Sugar Lodge at Sugarbush
2197 Sugarbush Access Road
Warren, VT 05674
Please tell them you're with the PMTS group.

Lodging rates:
$119/room/night for Friday & Saturday night
$79/room/night for Sunday night
(assumes double-occupancy)

Lift tickets:
Liftopia currently has the best deal available, with a 2-day pass for $134.

NOTE: When you book, please send me a PM with your name(s), email/mobile number(s), and when you plan to arrive. I'll email everybody a lift ticket reminder the week before we go, in case you forget to check the forum. We found mobile numbers to be helpful for finding and coordinating with people last year, so I'm asking for them again. I won't share your contact info with anybody without your express permission, so if I get hit by a bus on my way to the mountain, you'll have fun finding each other, but at least you won't get any extra spam. Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi folks,

It's that time of year again--time to plan this year's Northeast PMTS Meetup! Since everything went shockingly well last year (aside from the lift lines at MRG), I propose we keep most of the logistics the same. I'm suggesting the first weekend in February--the 4th and 5th--at Sugarbush. It seemed like last year we left plenty of terrain unexplored, so I don't think two days at the same mountain will lead to boredom. Also, if folks would like to stay for the 6th and ski Mad River Glen, I'm going to leave that as an open suggestion, though I'll probably be back at work that day.

It seemed everybody was happy with the lodging last year as well, so once we get the dates firmed up, I'll check with the Sugar Lodge and see if we can use them again. For those who couldn't make it last year, it's got a bar and an outdoor hot tub. What more do you really need? :D

I've spoken with Glen Scannell and he intends on joining us again, which I'm really psyched about. As far as I'm aware, Glen is still the only PMTS-certified instructor and Harb-trained bootfitter in New England, and I think it's really cool that he comes out to ski with us for this event. Last year he helped us out with some drills, did a bit of impromptu bootwork, and kept us entertained over dinner. He also helped set us up with a fleet of demo skis from Sport Thoma, including some skis you don't see available for demo very many places (Kaestle, VIST).

So, if you were at this event last year, I'm pretty sure I don't need to sell you on it. If you weren't, you missed out on a heck of a good time, and we'd love to see you this year.

I have a couple questions for you:

1) Is February 4/5(6?) a bad weekend for any unforeseen reason? I know there's a Green/Blue camp at SolVista starting the 6th. Is there anybody for whom this creates a conflict?
2) Any objections to keeping the logistics pretty much the same as last year?

Thanks folks,

Dan
Last edited by dan.boisvert on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dan.boisvert

Re: 2011/2012 Northeast PMTS Meetup

Postby midwif » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:14 am

Hi Dan
thanks for taking this on again!
I was hoping you would pick this time frame and requested it off.
I really like the Sugarbush area.
Though we will have to do some advance reserch on where to eat.
I understand the American Flatbread Pizza place was seriously damaged by the flooding in August.
There are other good places to eat, but I will do some calling to make sure they are open.

Jim and I are in!

Lynn
midwif

Postby ToddW » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:34 pm

Dan,

I'm 90% in. (there's a small chance that mid-January jury duty may keep me out. I have a talent for getting on long, complicated trials :( )
ToddW

Postby midwif » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:50 pm

Todd
You are a really smart guy and I KNOW you can give the answers needed to NOT being picked for jury duty.
My last time up, they were looking for a mininum 4 wk trial. volunteers only in that case.
Previously they were looking for an obstetric oriented case, which immediately dq'd me.
Oh, and the time they were presenting "trip and fall" running in the stairwells of a housing community which "ruined an athletic future' caused me to roll my eyes.
Which got me in front of the judge for a yelling.
They didn't like the rolling eyes bit.
But I REALLY disapprove of trip and fall lawsuits, so too bad.

I know you can do it. And make it up later.
I will gladly commit to a longer trial once my colleagues would not be severely impacted time off. (AKa retirement).

See ya there!
L.
midwif

Postby ToddW » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Last trial was 6 weeks. Andy Rooney, Helen Thomas, Ray Suarez, Magic Johnson, Charlayne Hunter-Gault, Carol Mosely Braun, Erin Brockovich, an astronaut and an olympic gold medalist, James Earl Jones, Anwar Sadat's widow and Martin Luther King's son, and many of other quasi-celebrities were among the witnesses. The battle of wills between the judge and Rooney was amusing but short. She put him soundly in his place.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the usual 1-2 week trial ... or a settlement once the lawyers see how voir dire plays out and decide we look too risky :mrgreen:
ToddW

Postby midwif » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:56 pm

Okay, okay
You get to choose between better trials than me!

Still, choose PMTS east coast meet up.

I know you can do it. And know you SHOULD do it. :twisted:

Just imagine sitting in the trial, trying to concentrate on the testimony, but being unable to
to wrench your mind from the images of lots of white, piled up drifts of snow on the trails of Sugarbush.
You know, kinda like last year was?? Fresh 8 inches to plow thru?
With friends, encouragement and feed back stirred into the pot? :P

Oh, and how about that great dinner at American Flat Bread?

Yeah, can Andy Rooney compete with that? I don't think so! :shock:
(yes, I know he can't compete with anyone, anymore)

L.
midwif

Postby dan.boisvert » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:46 pm

BUMP!

The schedule and lodging info is now final. Please let me know as you book, so I can keep an accurate headcount. If we have enough folks for a group buy on lift tickets, I'll let everybody know and coordinate that.

I look forward to seeing everybody!
dan.boisvert

Postby meput » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Made reservations tonight :D . Look forward to seeing the usual cast of characters and any new ones who care to join us.

Thank you Dan for organizing this event.
Walk to run. Tip to turn.
meput

Postby ToddW » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:19 pm

Dan et al,

I'm officially in -- made my reservation this evening. I got out of the ski season-ending jury from hell threat (he pleaded guilty to multiple counts of 1st and 2nd degree murder, reportedly in exchange for parole eligibility.)

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

btw, if you're reading this and didn't attend before, it's lots of fun. And you'll get a chance to meet the only currently active Harb certified bootfitter and PMTS coach in New England and hear some of his amazing tales. The hotel still has rooms available ... so give 'em a call.
ToddW

Postby ToddW » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:04 pm

Dan,

Any word on whether group tickets are an option? If not, Liftopia is $67 per day if purchased by Thursday 2/2 (20% off walk-up 2-day ticket price.)

Todd
ToddW

Postby dan.boisvert » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Glad you can make it, Todd!

I was holding out to try to find a better deal, but we don't have enough confirmed people to qualify for group pricing through Sugarbush, so Liftopia is the best option I'm aware of. I've updated the first post in this thread to reflect that.

I look forward to seeing everybody Saturday!
dan.boisvert

Today only, special superbowl sunday discount eticket price

Postby ToddW » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:52 pm

cross-posted from the realskiers forum: superbowl Sunday discount ticket sale at Sugarbush

If you don't already have lift tickets for the PMTS gathering, here's a way to save some money for Sunday.

----------------------------------------------
Ski and ride for just $46 on Super Bowl Sunday (2/5/2012). This is a one-day only ticket sale so act fast. You have 'til the end of the day (today) Tuesday, January 31st, 2012 to buy your $46 Super Bowl All-Mountain lift ticket for Sunday, February 5th, 2012.

Visit the sugarbush.com online store and remember to select "2/5/12" as the date range to find this special deal.
ToddW

Postby midwif » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:36 pm

I was wrong about American Flatbread being out of commission d/t the fall flooding.
Seems it is open for business.
Same deal as last year; someone must go at 4pm to
"sign" up for a dinner table time. No reservations taken via phone.

Is everyone in the group up for it?
Let me know and Jim and I will go do the sign up.

Lynn
midwif

Postby meput » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:50 am

Got in late last night. Bring your ice skis. SS's or Icons, etc.
Rain & warm temps this last week. Hard pack bumps and hard but ground groomers. See everyone when you get here.
meput
meput

Postby meput » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:12 pm

If you live and ski in the northeast, where were you this weekend? Great gathering at Sugarbush. Good people, good conditions, good skiing, too bad Camden only had one ski (and did not slow him down). Once again, thanks Dan for organizing the roundup. If you weren't there, your loss :twisted: !
meput

Next

Return to Posse