2011/2012 Northeast PMTS Meetup

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

Re: 2011/2012 Northeast PMTS Meetup

Postby dan.boisvert » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Thanks for coming, everybody! Please let me know how you thought things went this year, so I can make it better for next year. Also, bogiek now takes the (mythical) trophy for the longest drive, coming from Hamilton, Ontario to attend.

I felt a bit scattered this weekend (my grandmother passed away Thursday night), and thought I did a pretty bad job with the on-hill organization this year. Sorry about that. It should be reasonable to expect that to be better again next year. What else can we improve? Comments here or via PM are welcome.

Oh, and when Glen told me on the phone that Kamden would be on one ski, I thought he was kidding, and he just meant that the leg was busted up enough that he couldn't ski hard. I was as surprised as you guys when I saw he really only had one ski, and equally impressed to see him rip it up all day on it!
dan.boisvert

Re: 2011/2012 Northeast PMTS Meetup

Postby bogiek » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Dan,

Thank you for organizing this meeting. I'm very happy that I came and was able to meet you all. The drive (9 hours) was well worth the trip.

Kamden showed us how to extend the life of our skis - simply use one at a time! :wink:

Skiing on one ski is an excellent exercise to: gain better balance, do the phantom movement, and weighted releases. Thanks Kamden for the private lesson that morning :) .

Thanks to Glen for fixing my boots, it made my skiing feel completely different.

Hope to see you all again at the next Northeast meetup!

Take care,

Bob
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76748719@N06/
bogiek

Previous

Return to Posse