Holiday Valley Jan 3,4,5 and Tahoe Jan 14,15,16,17

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

Holiday Valley Jan 3,4,5 and Tahoe Jan 14,15,16,17

Postby John Mason » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:26 pm

Anyone want to ski either post here or PM me.
John Mason

Holiday Valley

Postby Magyar » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:07 pm

John, we were at Holiday Valley the week before Christmas. As you can iimagine their snow situation was terrible. They listed 5 runs open, but reality there was really only one decent run. They made some snow and got additional runs open the last day (Madi Gras and Yodeler sp?). That helped a lot. But there advertised 11 or 12 runs really amounted to 3 good runs. Hope it improves but I am not optimistic. Hope the midwest gets some winter or it could be rough for the ones of us stuck here. Enjoy Tahoe!
Magyar

yes - looks touch and go

Postby John Mason » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:57 am

Tannenbaum opened today. But, compared to my ski week last week, it will be pretty dismal. Maybe I should bring my rock skis (I75M's) rather than my supershapes.

It's been barely below freezing each night this week and is supposed to be next week when we will be there. Hopefully they can add a bit more since this is Charlie's gig and the plane flights and lodging are booked.

Whiteface mountain is a 5.5 hour drive away and they have much more snow. (and vertical)
John Mason

Bring your rock skis!

Postby Magyar » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:00 pm

If you do Holiday Valley bring those rock skis. I tore up the bottoms of my supershapes pretty badly. Whiteface might be worth it!
Magyar

Holiday Valley - cancelled

Postby John Mason » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:33 pm

Holiday Valley - cancelled - too wet - they closed mardi gras and tannenbaum today - bad sign as they really work hard to keep them open.

Tahoe is the ski club trip. That will happen no matter what.
John Mason

Return to Posse