East Coast skiers - info

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

East Coast skiers - info

Postby trtaylor » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:51 am

I primarily ski Elk Mountain in PA and the NY Catskill resorts, Belleayre and Hunter. Have a free ticket to Windham for this year and would like to try Plattekill, if it is a decent winter for snow.

Will also be making at least one trip to Gore in the Adirondacks and Sugarbush in Vermont.

I have not had any PMTS coaching yet, but that is something I'd like to do this winter with NE Ski Systems. I do have all the books and DVD's, including Instructors Manual. I am an unapologetic kool-aid drinker. :D

Looking forward to making turns with other PMTS skiers this winter.

Tim
trtaylor

Postby Mac » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:14 am

I usually don't make it as far west as New York, but if you are ever in Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont, I'll be glad to meet up with you some time.
Mac

north east skiing

Postby midwif » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:10 am

Hi Tim
Thank you for initiating this thread. I have been to two camps with HH and Co the past 2 years. I hope to make the SolVista Blue camp this February if my work schedule can be confirmed.

I found PMTS thru the RealSkiers on line lesson. Tipping to the little toe edge helped me feel the control I was looking for. I still have wedge remnants, but after 11 years of TTS type lessons, it is hard to unlearn it.

IF you want to try and put together a PMTS group at Elk Mtn., let me know. I am very interested. You may remember, I hosted Joseph last year during Christmas week.

The North East deserves PMTS.
midwif

Postby Billy Dee NJ » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:31 am

Hello Tim,
I'm a Philly area guy too and sometimes get to Elk although I usually only make it up to Blue Mtn for a few hours on a weekend morning.

Would love to meet up and ski w you sometime, and I do expect to spend more time in NY state this winter so we'll see. I have skied at Belleayre (liked it) and Windham (hated it) and look forward to checking out Plattekill.

Take care
Billy Dee NJ

Return to Posse