skiing April 27thish

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

skiing April 27thish

Postby John Mason » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:11 pm

Anyone want to get together at Breck next weekend?

Is Breck still open?

I'll be there with my Brother.

Hobbit - are you around?

Heyoka - hi speed blue carving too boring for you?
John Mason

Breck on the 27th

Postby NancyH » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:23 am

John: Meet me at the base of Peak 8 at 8:30 and bring your skins.
NancyH

trip confirmed

Postby John Mason » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:45 pm

My brother and I will be skiing at loveland Thursday-Sunday. We may do a-basin one of the days for a change.

That's April 27th through 30th.

Anyone interested in doing some turns drop me a PM.

(Nancy - I don't have skins - sry. Paul would probably be up for some back country skiing. I've never done that yet.)

I'm also bringing my bike for some later afternoon bike riding after skiing if anyone wants to watch me gasp at high altitude whilst a local breaths easy.
John Mason

Postby Heyoka » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:36 pm

John,

Groomers are fine w/me.
Abasin or the Love Land? Just let me know...
Ski like Hell, go to Heaven
Heyoka

Loveland on Thursday

Postby John Mason » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:56 pm

We will have been up since 3am - thus the closest resort we can get to up the hill for Thursday. We should be on-slope by about 10:30.

I'll call you when we are in the rental car because than the times are most predictable.

I'll have my bike with me and am planning a ride with HH or whomever.

That will be an interesting thing I've never done. In my local club I'm one of the strongest riders BUT we are 600 feet above sea level. It will be interesting to see how I can adapt to high altitude riding. It's one thing to have a lift take you uphill and ski down with that altitude shift. It's quite another to move your own body weight uphill.

I may be useless - but the thought of riding in with that scenery is too good to pass up.

(thinking Friday Afternoon for the bike ride after things have gotten slushy on the slopes) (the arrival day (Thursday) I'll be ready for a nap after skiing)

Hobbit? Are you available for turns on the weekend?

The pics you sent me Heyoka look just great! I like the level shoulders and seperation between the upper and lower body. I was playing with the 'ski coach' and it really encourages what you look like you are accomplishing in the pics.
John Mason

Return to Posse