New England Skiers

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

New England Skiers

Postby gozoogle » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:07 pm

I'm looking to organize a meetup this season somewhere in New England (probably VT?) and hopefully turn it into an annual thing. I'm also based at Mt Snow with a guest bedroom if anyone wants to visit and do some runs/videos together.

Please text me at 413.441.1224 if you're interested...
gozoogle

Re: New England Skiers

Postby njdiver85 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:15 pm

Hi there, I'm also based at Mount Snow. Actually at the Short Turns camp right now. Ski there weekends and most weekdays as well. Just sent you a text.
njdiver85

Postby ToddW » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:01 pm

I’m potentially interested. I have Killington and Ikon base passes.
ToddW

Postby midwif » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:23 pm

Jim and I are heading off next week for a month long trip to, mostly, ski out west.
Colorado and Big Sky on the agenda between family check in's out there.
When we return, would love to try and meet up for a day of skiing with you Mt. Snow. It's about 4 hrs from NYC. Let me know if you have meet ups in later half of February or in March.
midwif

Postby meput » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:40 pm

Keep me in the loop. A lot of the old characters may crawl out from under our rocks. Fire up Dan. Anybody know what Glen Scannell is up to?
Walk to run. Tip to turn.
meput

Postby midwif » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:43 pm

Meput
Would be great to ski with you again!
midwif

Postby gozoogle » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:46 am

midwif wrote:Let me know if you have meet ups in later half of February or in March.

Sounds good... will try to organize something in VT late Feb or March, probably at Mt Snow and/or Killington. I've gathered up a list of about a dozen+ at this point and we're scattered all over. Mt Snow will be closer for most, but is smaller, while Killington will be a trek for most, but is bigger and can go later into March/April. Might make sense to organize 2 to balance Epic vs Ikon.

I make the drive up from the UWS to Mt Snow every weekend, so feel free to text me if you're thinking about dropping by!
gozoogle

Postby midwif » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:51 am

Coincidentally, we are on UWS as well. Columbus and 95.
midwif

Postby gozoogle » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:08 am

Weather forecast is looking miserable next week, will probably wash out whatever little is left. Will hope for a big storm in March and try to rally for a trip after, but May not be in the cards until next season.
gozoogle

Postby l2ski » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:47 am

Weather forecast is looking miserable next week, will probably wash out whatever little is left. Will hope for a big storm in March and try to rally for a trip after, but May not be in the cards until next season.

The season usually goes into April in Vermont and at least until April in the Catskills.

I live in northern New Jersey and would be interested.
My home mountain in Mountain Creek, NJ. But I also ski in the Catskills (Windham, Hunter, Belleayre).
Mt Snow is a nice mountain and I have in the past done a day trip.

I ski with skijim13 (forum member) at least once a season for the past years and I'm constantly working on my PMTS movements
and my skiing. It's a slow progress without the ability to verify frequently which I do not have.

PM me if you have interest. I can bring a camera.

Best,
David
l2ski

Postby midwif » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:26 am

Just returned from a Colorado and Big Sky trip.
Not the usual decent to excellent conditions usually to be found mid winter in the west. A real paucity of snow. Big Sky was very Vermont like!
On our last day there it had snowed 6 inches, so nicely freshened with fewer rocks, saplings and dirt spots.
Erratic weather here in the north east.
midwif

Postby l2ski » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:22 am

I just returned from a family trip to Mount Snow, VT. There was plenty of ice on Thursday. I could handle the ice but my kids didn't appreciate it.

However, on Friday a storm brought brought 12 - 15 inches which made it fun. Mount Snow has some big mountain feel to it with some of the the wide open long trails. It was very busy however due to the holiday week for the kids from NJ and NY. It was especially busy on Saturday morning and it felt pretty dangerous on Long John (green) skiing with my kids.

To do any serious PMTS practice would probably require smaller crowds. I like to take a weekday off to ski to avoid crowds.
I'm open to meeting and shooting some video before the season ends. Without a PMTS coach, taking video of your skiing and posting on this site for expert help is the only way to improve.
l2ski

Return to Posse